13.glance (jack dalton)

Matty hired you to have some extra hands on one of their missions since you came from the delta force. You were informed about everyone who you'd be working with. MacGyver someone who can make practically anything out of nothing. Riley the computer and technology genius. Bozer made prosthetics good enough to trick facial recognition. Then there was Jack. Matty wouldn't tell you what he did but you were guessing he was some military dude who helped out the team with all the guns, since you heard Mac doesn't use guns.

You got to the Phoenix headquarters and glanced down at your watch. You were nearly late so you quickly walked to the war room where the entire team waited.

"Ah y/n just in time. I'm sure all of you can get to know each other on the plane," Matty says.

"Woah she's tagging along? Matty we got everything under control here," Jack protested thinking Matty was slowly trying to replace all of you.

"This is a Hugh profile case Jack. Unless you want to come back here in a coffin then I suggest you play nice with Y/n," Matty strictly says.

"Yes ma'am," Jack mumbles.

"Phoenix intercepted a message from this group called The night stalkers."

"Woah wait a minute, isn't that already a name for a U.S military? I smell copyright."

"Yes Jack. Which is why you need to stop this group. They go around Barcelona pretending to be a U.S military group. Their targets let them in and they kill them. Their targets were all U.S agents."

Pictures of the agents were shown on the screen and you felt bad for them. They were tricked someone back from home was there but it was really just another terror group.

"Just to be clear. The "Night Stalkers" use planes. they rarely go on foot," Jack says.

"Jack. Let me tell you what you need to do then you can have a lovely conversation with the team."

"The Message we intercepted told us about their top man who handles all of the attacks, will be staying at a hotel in Barcelona. You all will go to that hotel and wait until he gets there," Matty orders.

-plane to Barcelona-

"Matty never gave us time to formally introduce ourselves, but hey im Bozer. aka the best agent in the world!"

Everyone gave you their names again, everyone wanted to know your story, so they started asking the questions.

"So what skill set do you bring to the field? They must be really good," Bozer say.

"Well, I'm former delta force. I left last year. Since the ive been helping out the CIA," you say. Everyone turned to Jack.

"Look Jack you have a friend now that will understand what you're doing," Riley teases.

"My ive never thought to see the day where Matty is actually trying to replace me!" Jack says.

"Why? You must have a special skill set too?" You ask feeling bad if Matty was actually trying to replace Jack.

"Jacks not going to say it but he was delta force too," Mac says looking at the suddenly shy Jack.

-while everyone's sleeping-

Mac and Jack were the only ones awake. The rest were sleeping.
"Do you really think Matty is trying to replace me?" Jack asks.

"What? No. She probably just wants more people on the team who specialize in guns. Plus I thought you would've liked it if you had someone you could relate to."