39. reality; (macgyver)(requested)

It seemed like an endless hallway. Dozens of closed doors that ran alongside the infinite hallway. The lights shining no brighter than a moon on a cloudy night. You were scared. Your heart beating faster than it ever has before. You ran quickly, but not quick enough to escape its grasp. You fell and was dragged by your feet back down the hallway. You struggled and tried to scream but nothing had come out. You escaped it's grasp after a few kicks and turns. The odd thing was that this thing that was chasing you seemed like a dark cloud but you were terrified of it.

Quickly you run to a door and hope it's unlocked. You fall inside but you're met with a sunny room and face down on a wood laminate floor. The door behind you closes by itself.

The room wasn't unfamiliar to you at all. In fact it was the main room of MacGyver's house. It looked the exact same. Subtle footsteps from the house hallway came closer and closer. It was a face you longed to see, Mac.

"Mac!" You y'all running up to him and hugging him tightly. "I'm so glad to see you."

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Mac says in a nervous tone. You look up still with your arms wrapped around him.
"What? I came from the front door?"

"Sweetie what was that?" An unknown feminine voice says behind Mac. You let go and back up only to see another woman standing there.
"Mac who's that?" You ask taking more steps back.

"You weren't suppose to be home yet," MacGyver says scratching the back of his neck.
"I-I can't believe this. I think I'm going to pass out. How could you," you say crying.

"How could you," you say running to the door. "No y/n wait!" Mac yells from behind but was too late. You left the house only to be back in the same dim hallway. You were confused on what had just happened and how you're in this hallway. We're you hallucinating? It felt real to you. You didn't forget what you saw. You still felt heartbroken.

In front of you you're faced with another identical door. As curiosity gets the best of you, you enter. Once again you're met with the same living space as before but only this time it was night time. You felt less on edge but even more confused on how you're in Mac's house again. From a distance you could see two figures out on the deck. You walk closer to the opening scared to know what you'll see.

You peep through the curtains trying not to be seen. You see the backs of Mac and another woman. Not the same from the other room but they were still unfamiliar to you. They were talking but it was too faint for you to make out words. You looked around in awe trying to convince yourself that this wasn't real but you kept losing track of your thought.

You zoned out looking at the two converse. You wish you could hear what they were talking about but you couldn't get yourself to move any closer. As Mac turned and leaned in close to the other woman you you had felt the same heartbreak that you had felt just moments ago. You couldn't believe what you are witnessing. You couldn't accept the thought of that this is your reality. Mac wouldn't cheat he's not like that. You kept telling yourself. But here you were witnessing the very crime again.

You wanted to cry, run, shout, but you just stood there emotionless. Until you finally were able to move. You quickly backed out and ran for the door. Only to find that the door you had come through was locked. Panic set in as you tried to push open the door. Though, it was no use. You had a sudden feeling of paranoia as if something was creeping up behind you. Another larger shadow covered yours in front of you. You turned around to be faced with the demonic shadow that you once were running from. It had no face or anything. Just a shadow that you somehow feared greatly.

"Please, no," you wimpier quietly. As the faceless shadow approaches you slowly, you let out a scream.

-.

You jolt upward panting having tears roll down your cheeks. It was dark. Had you been just swallowed by the shadow? While everything remained dark footsteps emerged from the left of you. Quick footsteps.

A door opens shedding in some light. You're able to see outlines of the objects in the room and you realize you're at MacGyver's house.
"Are you okay what happened?" A reassuring familiar voice says quickly approaching you. It's Mac. He wraps his arm around you and the other wipes the tears off your face. Through the darkness you're able to still see Mac's familiar face. Only seeing it for real makes the tears rush out more.

"Y/n what happened?" Mac asks again sitting next to you.

"It was a dream. A really really real one. Of you and another woman. And-and I was running in an endless hall with the same door that opens to the exact same thing. Last thing was me being engulfed in a scary shadow?" You say quickly already forgetting the details.

"You're okay now. No scary shadows here to take you from me." Mac kisses your forehead as you lean closer into his chest.

"It was horrible. I thought it was real and that I lost you to another woman," you say calming down a bit.

"That'll never happen, I promise," Mac says reassuringly. You both sit there as you slowly come back into reality.