34. homelike (macgyver)

"Y/n calm down you packed everything already," MacGyver says trying to ease you out of your state of panic. You were checking everything off the list of items you were bringing back to Utah your hometown. Your parents and family have been wanting to meet this mysterious man you somehow fell in love with in Los Angeles over a year ago.

You were from a small town where everyone knew each other like family so it wasn't only your own family who wanted to know who you've picked up from the 'outside world' outside of the community. Mac was given a few days vacation since nothing major needed to be tended to. This was almost like a vacation except it can go horribly wrong.

Your parents are quite picky. They've always been tough on you when it came to a relationship so when they first found out about you finding someone in Los Angeles they were sceptical. They raised you and wanted you to find someone within the town they lived in but you always knew that you wanted a life elsewhere from a small and old town.

"I just want to make sure it's perfect," You say sighing.

-.

You both had made it onto the plane tired. It was 5 am which meant you'd land around 6 am. You had arranged plans for your younger sister Amelia to pick you both up. "I hope my parents don't go too hard on you," You say looking at Mac who looked half asleep. "They can't be that bad," Mac says.

"Oh please, they're like piranhas. They're way too strict and have such high expectations that no one can reach," You complain. You were always nervous about flying but this just added to your anxiety. MacGyver realized this and held your hand for comfort. You felt a bit better.

While in the sky you had fallen asleep for the entire time. It was a nice short nap you had. You texted your sister to meet you outside the baggage claim. Even though you were in Utah it didn't feel the same as how it felt when you lived here. Rolling your luggage beside you and holding onto Mac's hand you both walked out of the airport looking for your sister.

The cold breeze woke you both up and the rays from the sun which slightly peaked out from behind a short building warming you.

"Y/n!" You hear your sister's voice yell from a distance. You turn with a smile and see your sister but beside her is your mother? "Oh no, she brought my mom," You say nervously.

"Don't worry it'll be fine," Mac says calmly but is slightly antsy. Who would've thought a world-class operative he anxious about meeting their girlfriend's family? MacGyver and you retained a smile as you quickly walked over to your mother and sister.

"Y/n welcome home!" Your mom says giving you a hug. She glanced at Mac quickly looking over him.

"Y/n why don't you introduce us to this surprisingly tall man you've brought along?" Your sister says smiling.

"This is Amelia my younger sister and my mom Laura," You say looking up at Mac hoping that this won't go horribly awkward, "Hi Mrs.L/n and Amelia, I'm Angus MacGyver," Mac says shaking their hands. You were hoping to see some sort of approval on your mom's face but it didn't move from its natural smiling position. Your sister, on the other hand, seemed to approve of your choice but she always sided with you. You were the closest to her for your entire life.

"I'm sure you two are tired from your flight lets take ya'll home," Your mom says.

-.

When you arrived back at your childhood house the rest of your family were there. All of them eager to see you. "Ah so this is what my little girl has been hanging around," Your father says meeting Mac.

"Hi Mr.L/n I'm Angus MacGyver," Mac says shaking his hand. "Just call me Todd, Mr is too formal for me."

You stood there with a nervous smile as Mac and your dad continued to talk.