01

In the beginning, small gods were given power to create. Some focused on ways to make Almighty's creation grow strong and survive, while some wanted to create companions for themselves and for some of the  Almighty's humans who were uneven in number and seek companions too. The Moon Goddess was one of those who saw their need, felt their loneliness and heard their cry and that was when she created her First.

She created a man, born of earth, eyes as blue as the Almighty's sky, lips as pink as soft flowers and voice like a nightingale. She had felt so proud and happy as she watched him in silence. She had also watched as he had fallen in love with a farmer, a man with grey eyes and soft smile, she watched as Nian, her creation, her First creation had married the farmer, watched as the farmer's soft smiles towards Nian turned into a sneer but she didn't do anything for it was written, small gods were not allowed to interfere with their creation unless they were prayed to. 

The Moon Goddess screamed the first time the farmer hit Nian, she screamed so loud the floors shook but she still couldn't interfere. So instead of watching from afar, she stayed beside Nian, like a shadow. However, humans have the tendencies to destroy things they find beautiful, things they don't understand. It happened on the First moon of the third moon, Nian was in the backyard, and he had a piece of clothing in one hand that he used to fan the flames underneath the pot so that the broth would cook faster. The farmer came in angry and had pulled Nian by his hair and dragged him around, ignoring Nian's cries.  Nian cried as the farmer hit his head against the side of the hut repeatedly and blood slid into Nian's eyes.

"Why can't you give me a child?! Is a son too much to ask for?!" The farmer screamed as he kept hitting Nian. The Moon Goddess tried to reach forward but there was an invincible barrier stopping her, every time she tried to reach out, her finger slip through the Nian's skin like she was a ghost. She screamed and cried, shaking her body as Nian drew his last breath and the barrier melts away due to her pain. She ran to his body and pulled him to her chest, her long hair fell over him, wrapping around his body like a twine, a soft glow emitting from it. Her tears fell onto his face, seeping into his skin. Bright lights poured out through every pore on Nian's skin and that's when the farmer knew he had made a big mistake. He fell to his knees and tried to crawl towards Nian but this made the Moon Goddess turn livid. Her eyes turned pure white and she points a finger at the farmer, she lets out a loud growl and raised the screaming man into the air.

"I know you're hurt, Serene..." A loud voice called out to her. The Moon Goddess doesn't say anything to Dracula but placed all her attention in making sure she breaks every bone in the farmers body, in the woods behind them, she heard the sounds of paws hitting the ground, with her senses so sharp she knew whatever was coming was close. The farmer was writhing in the air, cries of pain leaving his lips as each bone bent and broke. Tears fell down her cheeks as she turned away from the farmer to her first child. She could have done something sooner but that barrier was just something small gods could break through. She turns to the woods when she hears a howl and just as the clouds in the sky part and the moonlight came through, a black wolf leaped out and grabbed the farmer by the throat. Serene, the Moon Goddess watched as the wolf devoured the farmer, heard every crunch as the wolf chewed on his bones until there was nothing left of the farmer.

"Serene..." Dracula calls again but she doesn't listen. She moves closer to her child who had died with his blood stained eyes open. She mutters a prayer as she unwraps her hair from his boy and began covering him with sand.

"Born of earth, born of me, return to the winds, be one with me." She prays as she covered Nian's body with sand. Bit by bit, Nian's skin began to give away. With each breeze, flecks of his skin flew by like dust until he was gone with the wind. The wolf came closer to Serene and sat beside her, he nudged her with his head and pushed through until he could place his head on her lap.