029

Cobie couldn't believe this was his life.

He couldn't believe they were here. It's four in the morning and Colson is asleep, cuddled close to Pa. They had talked till Colson couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. Cobie takes one last look at them before sliding out of the bed. He quietly made his way to the door and slipped out of the room as silently as he could.

He made his way down the room to Erik's door. He knocks one, two, three times before the door is pulled open and a wide awake Erik is standing before him. Cobie takes one look at his mate and smiled brightly.

"Hi..."

"Baby, why are you awake? Is something wrong? Do you need me to beat up someone?" Erik asked as he steps aside so Cobie could walk into the moon-lit room and locked the door afterwards. In the blink of an eye, he was pushed up against the door and Cobie's lips were on his.

He doesn't hesitate. He doesn't question anything. He kissed back with as much vigor, his hands reaching up to clutch Cobie's waist. Cobie goes on his tippy-toes as he kissed Erik, he buried his hands in Erik's soft brown hair as he licked his way into his mouth, tasting. Tingles zap up their arms as they kissed, their bodies pressing closer together.

Erik spins them around, pushing Cobie against the door and lifting him up until the vet's legs were wrapped tightly around his waist. Cobie tugs on Erik's hair as they kissed, pouring their emotion and the words they didn't know how to express through the kiss. Cobie breaks away and lets out a loud moan when Erik rocks against him. The friction was too good and the soft scratch of Erik's stubble on his skin felt so fucking incredible. Erik trails kisses down Cobie's neck, he licked, he nipped and he sucked until he left his mark behind. The smell of both their arousals mixed with Cobie's new berry scent was driving Erik mad.

They kiss for a few more minutes until they needed to break for air. They hold onto each other, chest rising and falling until they were calm and their heart beats have relaxed into the same rhythm. Erik rests his forehead on Cobie and rubs their nose together in an eskimo kiss. The cute act, pulling a bright smile from Cobie, despite his swollen and bitten lips.

"Thank you." Cobie whispers.

"For what, Precious?" Erik replies.

"For being my safe place, for welcoming Colson and Pa even though I never told you about them, for protecting me, for protecting us."

"Baby, no. You don't have to thank me. I'd do anything for you."  Erik says. "They are your family. You didn't tell me because you wanted to protect them and like I always say, anyone who wants to get to you will have to go through me first."

"Erik..."

"Cobie, you are my everything. After spending all this weeks trying to know you, I realised you are not just my mate. You are smart, brave, strong, courageous, stubborn and sometimes scary. You are also really fucking lovely, you are sweet and I love the way you blush, I love the way your eyes change colour even right now as they are gold. I think it's my favourite colour on you. I love your laugh, the way you handle your guns, the way you treat members of the pack with care. You are not just my mate in the name alone, you are my other half."

Cobie cups Erik's face and tightened his legs that were still wrapped around Erik. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, Erik and to be honest, it's frightening half of the time and the other half, I just feel so soft, so light and so happy all the time. You gave me a safe haven, you opened your pack house to me, you protect me and I ..." Love you, Cobie wants to say. I love you so much. He stares into Erik's brown eyes and wills himself to say the words but instead, he ends up saying. "I am so glad that I met you. I don't know what I'd be or where I'd be without you."