032

The guardhouse Mel was being kept in was located far away from the town and from the estates. It was a lone building on a long stretch of grassy road. It was a bungalow and it was heavily surrounded by guards, both men and women alike. Each one of them strong and stoic. They all bow when they see Erik.

"I still don't get the bowing thing." Colson whispered in his brother's ear.

Cobie snorted. "It's a sign of respect and they can hear you even if we whisper."

"Yeah well, I hope they know about something called invasion of privacy." Colson sassed, shooting a glare to the general direction of the wolves.

"Shut your pie hole and let's go in." Cobie gives his brother a leveled look before turning to Erik. They were holding hands, Erik's grip strong and tight, grounding Cobie.

Cobie, Colson and Erik walk up the small flight up stairs leading to the door and pushed it open. Surprisingly, the entire place was empty. No tables, no chairs, nothing. Cobie and Colson followed Erik who made his way to the center of the room and knelt down. They watched as he knocked once of the wood and nodded when the wooden floor began to move and soon a secret passage was revealed.

"Are we gonna need torches here? Like in the movies?"

"Colson, I will punch you in the throat."

"Not if I do it first." Colson replied.

They didn't need the torches. The underground was lit with little light bulbs. Erik doesn't walk too far ahead in front of Cobie as if he was trying to protect just in case. Cobie could smell it before he saw it. Before he saw her.

Mel was locked up in a cage, kind of like the one he grew up in. Her hair was still white but her skin had this grey tint to it and judging by the smell surrounding the cage, Cobie thinks it's mistletoe.

When they finally walk into the room, she looks right at Cobie and tried to lunge for him.

"We have given her the afternoon dose, sir." One of the three guards who were guarding the cage said.

"Good." Erik replied. "Leave us."

The guards quickly complied and they filed out of the room. Once they were gone, Cobie took several steps forward until he was standing in front of the cage. Erik doesn't speak, he stands guard, his claws pushing past his skin and his eyes bleeding red, ready to jump on Mel if she so much as breathe at Cobie the wrong way.

"Meg..."

"Oh look, the color scum has graced me with his presence." She snarled, her fangs on display. Cobie doesn't even feel any ounce of fear as he looked at her. As he stood in front of her, he wondered why he had run for all these years? Why hadn't he realized Meg was just a piece of shit that needed to be brought down.

"I dare you to repeat those words." Colson snapped as he comes to stand beside his brother.

"You are still going to die. I don't know how you survived that fire but you're still going to die. You all are going to die!"

Cobie had had enough of her yammering. He raised a finger and smiled as the air around Mel's nose began to thicken. She began to breathe heavily through her mouth and bats at her nose as if she could get the water blocking her airways out.

"Let's try it again." Cobie said, his voice calm and his eyes a bright red, matching that of Erik's.

"Where is he?" Colson asked.

Cobie drops his fingers and let her breathe normally.

"If you think I'm going to tell you then you're wrong." Mel spat, her eyes glowing yellow.