07

Like a balloon popped, Cobie jumps from Erik

Like a balloon popped, Cobie jumps from Erik. His heart was still going wild and more than anything he wants to crawl back into Erik's arms, he wants to feel Erik's touch again and it was scaring the crap out of him. Erik remained silent, he was still sitting on the grass, staring straight at the flowers like he was trying his hardest not to look at Cobie.

Gabriel comes round a few seconds later and stops when he sees Cobie and Erik. From his distance, he could see the tension between the two of them and he wonders what happened between them. He opts not to ask now but later, knowing if he annoys Erik long enough he'd blurt out the answer.

"Are you alright?" Gabriel asks Cobie as he walks towards him. Cobie wonders if he truly was alright. He's been in Astir for a week and he feels different. He honestly doesn't know how to answer the question when he doesn't even know the answer himself. So instead, he settles for something else.

"Just a bit tired. Do you mind dropping me off?" Cobie begged. He wants to walk away but it felt like his legs had a mind of their own because they remained rooted to the ground. He glances briefly at Erik and wonders what was going through the man's head. Erik lets out a sigh and stands up slowly.

Gabriel watched the two of them. Curiosity was biting at his heels but he doesn't ask. Instead he holds out his hand and Cobie holds onto it. Almost as if Gabriel knew what to do, he grabs Cobie and pulls him forward. Cobie was forced to move due to the amount of force Gabriel had used.

"I am so sorry. I don't know what happened." Gabriel says, looking down at Cobie's hand to make sure he hadn't broken anything.

Cobie just remains silent. He doesn't know what to say or do in the moment but it seemed Erik did because he just walked past Cobie and Gabriel like they weren't there. Cobie watched Erik walk away, his eyes trailing down Erik's neck to his back and that's when he sees it. Erik's nails were digging into his skin, hard enough to draw blood.

"Take him home, Gabriel. "

Immediately a drop of blood rolls down from the Erik's hand and hits the ground, Gabriel's attention turns towards his brother swiftly. Cobie thinks Erik must have told Gabriel something telepathically because Gabriel doesn't ask about the blood and instead just leads Cobie out of the wood, to the car. With each step Cobie takes away from Erik, cold begins to settle into him, a chill going down his back and he feels his eyes turn black with fear. He needs to be alone. He needs the contact lens gone.

"Should I be concerned, Cobie? Are you sure you're alright?" asks Gabriel as he pulls out of the parking lot. Cobie looks away from the window -he had been staring at the trees- and turns to Gabriel. He places one hand on Gabriel's.

"I promise."

Gabriel didn't seem to believe and Cobie thinks it's due to how fast his heart was still beating. He doesn't try to convince Gabriel, he just taps on the radio and MGK's Alpha Omega came on. He loved the part that goes If you ain't living your life then you're dead and sleep is its cousin so I shot my bed.