038

Mates.

That's what they are now. Mates. Officially.

Erik kissed Cobie, his hands softly cradling the back of Cobie's head as their lips moved in sync. So engrossed they were in their kiss that they didn't notice the bright flash of green lighting. They pulled apart when it felt like the ground was shaking, both of them looking towards the sky when they hear the rumble of thunder.

The twinkling stars around them purses for a while, soft breeze petting their skin and something like a hum settling around them.

Erik looked away from the sky, his hand trailing down Cobie's neck as he got to the side his fangs had punctured.

He looks at the mark and then at Cobie and thinks. My beautiful, beautiful mate.

Cobie's eyes go wide, one hand reaching up to hold onto the hand Erik had on his neck.

He had heard Erik's voice clear as day in his head. Erik had called him his beautiful, beautiful mate.

However before he could speak he noticed something on Erik's skin. He watched as the claiming bite mark he had left in Erik skin began to knit closely, the color of the skin around the bite mark dark as night. The crescent shaped bite marks had turned black and healed that way until all was left was what looked like black half-Moon tattoos.

The same thing happened on Cobie's skin. Erik watched as it healed until all was left were two crescent moons inked into his skin.

Thankfully, the swelling in Erik's knot began to go down until the Alpha was able to slip out of him carefully. Cobie shifts a little, he felt a bit empty.

Erik grabbed some paper towels that he had packed and wiped Cobie's come off their bodies as well as his come which was dripping down Cobie's leg.

As he cleaned his mate, he kept thinking. Beautiful. He kept thinking about how strongly Cobie smelt like him and how happy that makes him.

"I can hear you."

Erik tossed the tissue to the side and crawled next to Cobie who was staring at him with hooded eyes.

"I didn't say anything."

"You called me beautiful three times and you're happy with how strongly I smell like you." Cobie replied, his voice soft. He raised his head up a little so he could stare directly at Erik's face. "The nudging feeling I had in my head is no longer there."

"You hear what I'm thinking now?"

"Yeah and I'm thinking you can hear mine too." Cobie answered. McStupid.

"You have got to stop calling me that." Erik pouts a little. Cobie shifts closer, slipping his legs between Erik's.

"It's what I called you in my head the first time I saw you."

"Well now you know my name is Erik."

"Do I though?" Cobie laughs, his fingers making patterns on his mates chest. "What do you think is going to happen now?"

"I honestly don't know. We'll have to wait and see."

The next time Cobie opens his eyes, he's in Erik's bed. He remembered being lifted but he wasn't sure when he was brought back here.

There was a warm body pressed behind him and a strong hand on his waist. Cobie places his hand on it and stroking softly.

"Good morning, Precious." Erik hummed, pressing a kiss to Cobie's head.