014

Se Ju stared at Kai as he slept. He watched the rise and fall of the little boy's chest. His eyes falls to Kai's leg, the precise place the boy had been bitten. His legs has fully healed, heck, there was no mark on it but Se Ju keeps seeing it.

"You can leave. He's going to be fine."

Se Ju turns his attention to Randall who was stroking his son's head. Randall was seated at the head of the bed, his legs touching the ground. He feels a surge of anger and his eyes flash yellow.

"What do you mean? He's my son too!"

His anger flares when Randall snorts. "Just leave, Se Ju. He doesn't need you here."

"How do you even know that? Kai is asleep for Selene's sake. Just say you don't want me here and I'll leave." Se Ju shot at Randall.

Randall sighed and gets up from the bed, careful not to wake Kai up. He walks a little closer to Se Ju and stops when there's enough space between them. He jabs at Se Ju's chest with a finger, pushing enough strength into it to make it hurt.

"You don't get to be his dad. You don't get to call him your son." Randall spat. "You don't get to start playing the part when you never wanted him in the first place." Randall glared, pushing at Se Ju, whose lips had suddenly gone dry.

Se Ju licks his lips and tries to reach out to Randall. "Randy I-"

"No!" Randall snaps. "Don't call me that."

"Randy, ple-"

"You left me! You left us! You told me you didn't want kids. You told me to find a way to remove it and now, now you're acting like he's the best thing to ever happen to you. He's my son! My pup! I carried him for six months, I fed him, I was there when he started talking. So no, you don't get to act like his dad. You were just a sperm donor."

It felt like he had been smacked with a red hot iron, the pain searing through his flesh and into his mind and heart. He couldn't move and the guilt he had managed to push down was surfacing again.

"I am so sorry, Randall." Se Ju pleads. "I didn't know what I was doing back then. I was a kid."

"So was I!" Randall cried, pushing Se Ju backwards. "I need you. I needed my boyfriend but you fucked right off after telling me to terminate my pregnancy."

"Randall I am so s-"

Randall turned around so Se Ju doesn't see his tears fall. He wipes at his eyes as he cried. He sniffs and blinked repeatedly, trying to pushing the tears back. Se Ju took a step forward but stops when Randall speaks.

"Please leave." The man begged. "Please."

Se Ju wanted to say no, wanted to close the distance between them and pull Randall into his arms but he had to comply. If there's one thing he knows, it's the fact that Randall didn't like people seeing him cry. He walks closer to the door, breathing in Randall's strawberry scent for one last time before he pulls open the door.

--

Cobie walked straight to the bed and fell back onto it, his hands splayed out. He's pretty sure he was a starfish in his past life. Erik locks the door and walks further into the room and takes a seat on one of the arm chairs.

"Fuck, I'm so tired."

Cobie looked to the side and stared at Erik, he winced when he saw Erik sitting in an uncomfortable position in the chair. After the kind of day they had, Erik should be lying down on a bed. Before he could hold himself back, he speaks up.