013

Mel ran down the hallway, going as fast as her heels would let her. She stopped in front of the door, took a good look at herself. She had on a grey coloured shirt that was tucked into a pair of washed blue jeans held by a big black belt. Her hair was pulled into its usual ponytail, large hoop earring dangling from her ears and her face free of make-up.

She looked good.

She knocked twice and pushed the door open when she hears come in.

The bedroom was huge. The bed taking up majority of the space. The ceiling was made of glass and she could see the dark sky, it looked like it was about to rain. Lying at the centre of the bed, naked as the day he was brought into the world was her Alpha. He was tapping away at his iPad.

“I take it you have good news.”

Mel couldn’t keep her excitement. “We’ve found him, sir.”

At that, the Alpha looks up swiftly from his tablet. He tosses it aside, the tablet hitting the ground harshly, for there was no carpet covering the ground. It was just smooth marble ground.  He beckoned her closer with a flip of the wrist. Mel was about to climb into the bed when her Alpha shook his head.

Oh.

She bit her bottom lip to hold back her giggle as she slip out of her shoes. She took off her jeans, her underwear, her shirt and bra and then finally let her hair free. Her long white hair, falling in a straight wave down her back, stopping right at her waist. She then crawled onto the bed, moving in close until she was sitting beside her Alpha on the bed.

Her cheeks turned a bright shade of red when he Alpha strokes her cheek. “Good girl.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“Where did you find that rat?”

“He’s in Astir, sir. Home of the SilverMoon pack.”

--

“I need to get some things from my house, since ‘m going to stay here for a while.” Cobie said, watching the way Han Se Ju moved around the room. He looked down at the painkillers the doctor had placed in his hand.

“Why don’t you ask Gabriel? He could take you.”

“Why can’t you or Randall take me?” Cobie asked the doctor. “Anyway, it seems like Gabriel is avoiding me.”

Han Se Ju shook his head. He walked closer to Cobie. “He’s just feeling a little guilty.”

“But he didn’t do anything.” Cobie paused. “Did something happen to him too?” as he asked this Cobie goes a little pale. What if something had happened to Gabriel too? Guilt began to grown within him. He hadn’t even thought about the possibility.

“We found you a little late.” Se Ju spoke, leaving out the part where Cobie died. “Michel and I quickly rushed you here. He blames himself because you had called him and-“

Cobie’s eyes widened. He remembered calling Gabriel and he remembered the call going straight to voicemail. He smiles a little as he thinks about Gabriel being somewhere on this huge estate, trying his best to avoid him.

“Is Erik still in a meeting?”

Se Ju nods. “Yup. It’s a teleconference with neighbouring packs and covens.”

“Do you mind telling me where Gabriel’s room is? I have a feeling if I text him, he wouldn’t truly trust or believe it.”

Han Se Ju gives Cobie the direction to Gabriel’s room. He had offered to take Cobie there but the man had shook his head. Before leaving, Cobie grabbed the sunglasses that Han Se Ju had brought for him. He slid them on and gave Se Ju a mock salute before walking out of the clinic. He gets distracted on his way to Gabriel’s room when Kai runs straight into his legs and tapped him.