Date Night

We have only been together for nine months, but it feels like I've known Yoongi forever. Tonight he decided to be sappy and cook dinner for us. He's never cooked for me before - and actually I've never seen him cook myself - but he sometimes boasts about how he used to help his mother in the kitchen as a child and how he cooks with his friends when they hang out. Anyway, I feel really special about this night... I'm kinda nervous. Like schoolgirl nervous.

It practically took me two hours to pick out an outfit for the date, which would be at my apartment. I didn't wanna overdress, so I strayed away from skirts or dresses. At first I decided jeans and a nice shirt would do, but the time was ticking and I couldn't make up my mind, so I chose a casual look: leggings, a tank top, and jean jacket.

 At first I decided jeans and a nice shirt would do, but the time was ticking and I couldn't make up my mind, so I chose a casual look: leggings, a tank top, and jean jacket

Me and Yoongi weren't the type to dress up anyway, unless it was for some big event. We're casual clothes lovers. Because of this, I wasn't surprised when he showed up at my door with jeans and a layered graphic t-shirt. What a hunk.

After we indulged in some small chat, he immediately searched for the ingredients to make his so-called "famous ramen noodle soup". Searching through each of my cabinets, he located a big pot, some broth, celery and onions, and other seasonings for his dish. He had bought three packs of ramen noodles from the store and set them on the kitchen counter. He rubbed his hands together and grinned across the counter at me at the small dining table.

"You're in for a treat because I make the best ramen in the entire country of Korea," he exclaims.

I chuckle and rest my elbows on the table. "I'll be the judge of that."

"Do you have an apron?"

"Yeah. In the bottom cabinet on the left; top shelf," I reply.

He bends down to get the apron, disappearing for a second behind the counter. Before you know it, he was up and about cooking together something that smelled delicious. I was impressed by his ability to cut vegetables in a chef-like way and boil the noodles until perfectly tender. Not too many people our age seem to know how to cook or have any interest in it - especially guys - so it was cool to see him have some knowledge of the kitchen.

 Not too many people our age seem to know how to cook or have any interest in it - especially guys - so it was cool to see him have some knowledge of the kitchen