Sick

I was watching their performance backstage. Hearing ARMY's cheers made me smile and I would've totally sang along, except I was getting sick and losing my voice. So I just lip synced the whole time, sitting in my chair which I positioned right in front of the TV monitor hanging on the wall. I gotta get a good view of my babies!

I can't help but internally scream at their live show! The live band makes it feel like a real rock concert. I can feel the chord vibrations of the bass guitar caress the goosebumps on my arms; and the drums really shake my heart. Ugh! 

I pouted my lips when they finished their performance, then rolled my chair back to the table with snacks on it. I picked up a few grapes and munched them.

I could spot BTS' crew members across the break room setting up their make-up stations to prepare the boys for the next look, even though they have an intermission now. Others were just chillin' on their phones or laptops, leaving me be to fangirl over my best friends alone.

As soon as I laid my head onto my folded arms on the table, I saw a tall figure dressed in black threads. His warm voice greeted me and put a smile on my face while sitting up.

"OHHH, Y/N! Are you feeling better?" The guy with pink, very sweaty, hair walked to my side. I looked up at Namjoon.

"I'm okay..." I manage to reply in a low voice.

"Ohhh, noona, noona!" I very cheerful voice entered the room, followed by five other guys dressed in black. Did it just get hot in here?

The owner of the cheerful voice, plops down on the couch next to my chair with his arms spread out along the back. He was breathing hard and also covered in sweat.

"Hey, Kookie. Good job out there," I reply, my voice sounding scratchy.

"Thanks. Did you--" He starts, but others cut him off.

"Y/N! Did you watch us?" My orange-haired zodiac twin asked as he grabs hold of my chair.

"Of course," I reply, slightly offended that he even had to ask.

"Did you enjoy it?"

I look into his heavily mascara-ed eyes while rolling mine. "Y'all killed it. It was amazing! But too bad I couldn't sing along..."

"Aish." Jimin walks behind my chair and sits beside Jungkook on the couch. "Did you drink the tea like I said?"

"Y/N-aaahhhhhhh!!! Your hope is here!" A loud voice exclaims. I look up and see that Hobi has joined the crowd around me, standing beside a grinning Namjoon. Then Yoongi oppa grabs Hobi's shoulder and frowns.

"Not so loud, man. And get away from my cousin. I'm her hope, not you," Yoongi declares with much self-satisfaction. He pops his collar and wraps an arm around my shoulder while leaning towards me. With a serious, somewhat dramatic face he asks: "Have you eaten?"

"No..." I let out a chuckle as I saw Hobi's frown. They're such kids sometimes, and they're supposedly my sunbaes.

"Oppa will take you for a nice hot meal after the concert. Hang in there." He pats my back. I hope he keeps his promise because I'm starving.

"Did you drink the tea that I made? My grandmother's recipe always works," Father Jin asks me from across the table. He stood between Namjoon and V.

"No..." I say, ashamed.

Jin gasps and looks slightly hurt, which makes me laugh.

"Is your throat still bothering you?" Jin asks.

I nod in pity.

"Well what do you expect? You don't take my word and do your own thing; ahh you kids these days! That's what you get!" His yelling voice scolded me. But I know he was just joking, because he could never seriously be mad at me. And if he did, Yoongi wouldn't allow him.

"Y/N, I can make you some now," Jimin offers as he gets up from his seat. He's so caring sometimes.

"I'm okay--"

"Go ahead and let Jimin make some tea for you so you can feel better!" Jin yells. His face looks stern, but apparently not stern enough because the guys laugh at his dramatics.

"Hyung, you need to calm down," Namjoon tells Jin while patting his shoulder.

"Jiminie, make me a cup while you're over there," Yoongi says as Jimin passes him.

Jimin looks disgusted and scrunches his face up at my cousin. "Aish, hyung. Go get your own cup, I only work for your cousin." He walks to the microwave and starts making the tea.

The guys seemed to be cooling down. They munched on the fruit and vegetable trays on the table and gulped down several bottles of water. They work too hard. I think Hobi, Jin, and V were chilling on the other side of the room getting their outfits. Leaning back in my chair, half-sleep and half enjoying the aura of BTS, I notice the shiny piece of metal jewelry around my cousin's neck. After bothering Jimin, he pulled up a seat beside me and that's when I tugged on his gold chain.

"Look at you. Who gave you this?" I ask him.

Yoongi tugs on his chain and looks at me with one raised eyebrow. "This? This is mine. I bought it."

"Where?" I don't believe him.

"At a store."

"Nah, really?" I say sarcastically while tugging more on his chain.

"You might be surprised, but your oppa is very capable and fashionable in these streets. Everyone wants Min Yoongi to buy their clothes and accessories. I'm a celebrity. This is the life that chose me," He continues to go on. His cockiness makes my butt itch.

Namjoon looks up from his phone. "Y/N, I'm so sorry. How do you deal with him on a regular basis?"

"I should be asking you that. You see him more than me," I reply. I cough the phlegm from my throat and finish the tea Jimin brought me.

"Shush. Y/N loves me anyway," Yoongi states.

I tilt my head at him and show him my emotionless face. "I do?"

"Y/N noona. Do you ever wonder how you two are related?" Jungkook asks me with a smirk on his face.

I nod to him. "All the time, Kookie."

I could feel my throat getting more sore. And I really needed to blow my nose. Before I could think, I sneezed towards Yoongi without covering my face. He gave me a stank face look.

"Ewww." He groaned.

I sneezed again.

"Yahhhh! Cover your mouth, grimlin. You're worst than Taehyung."

I groan and rub my throat, catching the attention of my friends.

"You feeling better, Y/N noona?" Jungkook finishes his water as the lights flash, signaling the end of their break. 

Everyone quickly gets up and stops what they're doing. Make-up artists call certain members to their chair for a touch up. Another team member passes a jacket to one of the boys.

I grin up at Jungkook. "I'll be fine. You guys kill it ok? And no body rolls or lip biting, got it? You're a baby!" I tell him while waving a finger at him.

He scoffs and allows a team member to apply his lip gloss. "Everyone always says that. I'm not a kid anymore; I'm a man."

"Okay Kookie," I reply while laying my head on the table...

Blackout...