SHY 2

SUGA'S POV

"Another load

"Another load." The other dishwasher sets down a full crate of dirty dishes beside the wide kitchen sink. "And someone forgot to finish their tteokbokki, hasn't even been touched. Guess it's our lucky day."

My co-worker smirks while using a toothpick to stab one of the spicy rice cakes before taking a bite. I stare at him in disgust.

"Bro, that's nasty."

"Mm Mm good. Just like my mama's cookin'," he exaggerates.

"When you get sick from eating the scraps from strangers' plates, don't mention me," I retort while sticking my arms into the warm, murky water to blindly feel for more dishes.

"Aye, don't judge me. In my day, we had to collect food any way we could--"

I chuckle. "In your day, you also used leaves to wipe your butt -- doesn't mean it's right."

"Ah, wiping my butt with leaves was the highlight of my day, brother!" He pushes me, making me sway slightly as he laughs.

I grab a few dirty dishes from the crate and rinse them in the water, grabbing the hose to spray them clean. I'd been working at the same Korean restaurant since high school, washing dishes for hours to help my parents pay the bills. Outside of school, I'd spend most my time working here or helping at my family's convenience store down the street from my apartment. 

I would complain, but I'm used to the labor. Plus, the pay isn't bad. 

The people... they're alright. ;)

"Your shift's over in a few, innit?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"I won't see you 'til Tuesday. That's three whole days, man! What're we gonna do without you?" My co-worker exclaims, resting his hand on his hip and stuffing more leftovers into his mouth. He makes me sick.

"I don't know. What are you gonna do without me?" I smirk up at him.

"All our plates will be dirty -- no one washes dishes as good as you."

"You dang right," I agree.

"We're gonna lose all our female clients. No one will wanna eat here with the sexy dishwasher gone..." He jokes.

I lick my lips and chuckle along with him. "Everyone knows I'm the reason this place is busy. You should be kissing my feet," I say.

"Ahaha... watch it now. I dare you to tell that to the boss."

"Yoongi-ssi." The voice of a strong older male enters the room. My boss.

"Sir?" I ask, quickly wiping my hands on my uniform and turning to my supervisor. My co-worker straightens his posture and hides his toothpick.