Idols

You just finished performing onstage for the MAMA awards. As you and the other background dancers filed into the lounge, legend CL from 2NE1 asked for a group huddle. Everyone was sweaty and breathing hard while holding hands in a circle.

"You all were amazing! Thank you so much for working hard this weekend and tonight. You all are bad bxtches and beautiful! Don't let anyone tell you different!

You smile big and squeeze your friend and groupmate's hand to your left. After a few more words from CL, she hugs each girl before departing to her private room. The other dancers talk among themselves while changing clothes. You and your groupmate change quickly into your awards show dresses and walk out of the room into the hallway of the lounge area.

"That gave me such a rush, didn't you think so?" Your friend asks as you pass staff members and security in the halls. You glance at each sign on each private room you pass which details the celebrity it houses: from 2NE1, to IU, to Taemin...

"It was great! I can't believe we had that opportunity. I'm so- I feel so- I'm still in shock," you giggle while stumbling over your words.

"I think fans will like this side of us, dancing for another artist. It shows us in another element," your friend says and you agree.

You take out your phone, smiling big, and check your social media. Lots of fans of your group were praising you and your groupmate for amazing dance skills, great facial expressions, and pretty appearance. Your group had just debuted two months ago, but your fanbase has been growing ever since. Everyone seemed very supportive of your four-member group and constantly gave you love. However, there were still a lot of hate that you received. Many people didn't believe your group would go far, because of lack of talent or not being "pretty enough".

You've also received personal attacks about your weight, darker skin complexion, and your more "American" style of dancing. You remember an article not long ago suggesting you were too provocative with your dancing and therefore an "easy" woman. You noticed after this article that other idol mutuals interacted with you differently; boy idols would keep their distance and not seem too friendly around you. You felt judged everywhere you went -- but that's normal you suppose. You are an idol after all and you were trained on how to deal the media and rumors. It still hurts though.

Your phone bings. Another comment on your Instagram post:

Kpoplover: Y/N may sing and dance well, but that doesn't change the fact that she's ugly.

RedVelvetJagiya: @Kpoplover I agree! She needs a serious diet..

BulletproofMinYoonji: Did you see her short skirt? Trying to seduce the guys.. Only thing she'll attract are diseases.

Kpoplover: @BulletproofMinYoonji Hahahahhahahhahaha!

Your jaw fell. Why are they so mean?

"I'm gonna use the restroom real fast. Stay here," Your friend and groupmate says as you stop outside the women's restroom. But you're still reading comments not paying attention. She calls your name. "Y/N-ah,  you okay? Your face looks worried."

"N-No I'm fine. I'll wait for you out here," you lie. Your friend nods and leaves you in the hallway with your phone and your thoughts. As you scroll through each comment your heart races and you blink rapidly to keep the tears from escaping your eyes. You cover your mouth and furrow your eyebrows while your back leans against the wall.

"Why do they hate me?" You exhale.

"Who hates you?"

You quickly look up to see Yoongi sunbaenim from your favorite boyband BTS. He seemed to come from around the corner, surprising you with his sincere eyes and caring grin.