Bad Boys (Finale, Part 3)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BABY YOOONGIIII~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU!!"

---

SUGA's POV

My mom sings the all too familiar birthday melody before lightly clapping her hands together, a big smile on her face, and taking a seat next to me at the kitchen table.

Finally, it's over... I thought. Hearing and feeling my stomach rumble, I reach for a strawberry--

SMACK!

"Agh!"

I pull my stinging hand away.

Mom: "Not before the meal. You know better than that."

Me: "It's just a strawberry..." -- I complain.

Mom: "You always loved sweet things, even as a kid. Always daring to eat your dessert before your actual meal... I see things haven't changed."

Me: "And you always dared to stop me... looks like you haven't changed either." -- I half-jokingly reply.

Mom: "Enough smart mouthing and eat."

We both enjoy our plate of kimchi fried rice with various sides. Mom adds more grilled meat and veggies to my plate as I stuff my mouth. She even fed me a dumpling and patted my head like some kid... ugh...

I roll my eyes at her childish antics.

Me: "You know I'm not a kid anymore, right?"

Mom: "Really? Well your height seems to disagree." -- she raises an eyebrow and chuckles.

Me: "Hey! You know I've been this height since grade school. It's not my fault I inherited bad genes." -- I nag.

She gasps dramatically. I stare at her like she's lost her mind.

Mom: "Me?! Why would you blame me for your height deficiency -- I wasn't the one who refused to drink their milk."

Me: "Maybe if the milk wasn't expired half the time I'd drink it!"

Mom: "It was spoiled half the time wasn't it?"