Bad Boys (6)

~Thursday Night - 9pm~

Suga: "Pull up here... you can park." -- he says to Yeong-Suk as she follows his command, parking outside an apartment building that I've never seen before.

He eagerly sits up in his seat for the first time the whole car ride. Sharing the backseat with him, I was able to notice his body language. Every bounce of his knee, every bite of his fingernail; how he clutched his cell phone 'til his knuckles turned white. He never vocalized it but he seemed as nervous as I was. I didn't know where he was having Yeong-Suk drive us, but I guess I had to trust his instinct.

We all get out of Yeong-Suk's car and hurry off the street. The neighborhood was quiet and no one else was really moving around, but somehow I still felt like eyes were on us.

As we walk up the steps to the apartment, Suga leading the way, a middle-aged man with glasses, a round belly, and lots of arm tattoos opens the door. With a relieved sigh, he opens his arms and embraces Suga. The two share a strong hug before the man acknowledges the rest of us.

Man: "It's good to see you."

Suga: "You too. Thanks for this..."

Man: "Anything for my nephew. We're family. Come on in..."

**

SUGA's POV

Jimin: "...We still have the stuff, so can't we just drop it by the spot and everything is fixed?" -- he asks as he swivels from side to side in the desk chair. He waits for an answer from my uncle, who's sitting comfortably on the edge of the bed.

Uncle: "It's not that easy. You think they're gonna just let you drop by hours after the deadline? No. When you give your word to someone you keep it, no excuses. Just how they were relying on you, they got people above relying on them. You think they're gonna be OK with you showing up late? It's over."

My uncle shakes his head.

Me: "And even if we could go back to get the stuff, you think my dad'll just welcome us with open arms? I f***ing shot at him."

Jimin: "You're right..." -- he looks defeated, scratching his head.

Uncle: "Man... I can't believe you did that. I know firsthand what a pain in the a** your dad can be, but I'd never think to shoot him -- especially his own son?"

Suga: "Well, he didn't give me much of a choice... I'm used to him putting his hands on me, but when he put his hands on Jimin, that was the last straw."

Leaning against the frame of the bedroom door, hands in my jacket pockets, I grind my teeth. Just thinking about that butt hole annoys me.

Jimin: "I'm... I'm so sorry man. If it wasn't for my stupid mistake--"

Suga: "It was stupid. But it was my responsibility. I shouldn't have just pushed the delivery on you last minute with no extra details. It was my duty to see everything went smoothly. It's on me not you."

Jimin only silently nods.

There's a brief silence before my uncle speaks.

Uncle: "So what's your plan? You can stay here this weekend to think things through, but eventually they'll send someone after you. I ain't in the game anymore, but being your dad's brother, it won't be long until they come snooping around here..."

I chew the inside of my cheek.

Suga: "I don't know. I been arrested before, so I'm not even worried about the cops. All I know is, I don't ever wanna step foot in my father's house again. Whatever happens, I'm never going back."