The Foreign Woman (5)

YOONGI'S POV

YOONGI'S POV

I stared across the dinner table at her sleepy, slumped over, half-tipsy frame. She was gripping her wine glass with so much force I thought it would shatter then and there; her piercing gaze made me feel slightly guilty. I just told her I can't attend her end of the year party... and she hates being told no.

"It's the student body committee's last meeting of the semester! You've always come to the after party. I can't go without you," she frowns.

"I know! But I have my final project for music theory during the same time-- I can't miss it," I explain while chewing on my bottom lip.

"You can't switch days?" She asks with hostility in her voice.

I click my tongue. "Two days before? No."

A small silence falls between us, only the sound of her nails tapping against the base of her wine glass. I smirk.

"You know, it'd be cool if you could come to my performance. Just like how you want me to celebrate with you, the feeling's mutual."

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "No offense, but I don't wanna watch you and your hip-hop friends make beats and get graded for it. I'd rather choke."

She takes a sip of her drink with no care in the world about how her words just pinched my heart. I dramatically grab my chest, letting out small moans and groans.

"Ah... Ah.. Ouch! Ah, babe... that hurt. You don't mean that."

"I do. What am I gonna learn from watching you play with gadgets?" She scratches her head, eyeing the other dinner goers.

"It's not playing with gadgets-- babe, you're tipsy! It's literally a performance. We're creating beats for the song we made up and Namjoon is gonna rap. It's a whole thing that would be great for you to see."

"Great for me how?" She rests her chin in the palm of her hand, looking bored.

"For someone who hates hip-hop, it'll teach you the process of making a song and make you see how much work I put into my craft," I declare as I lean forward, arms folded on the table.

"Ugh. Hard pass. While you're fooling around, the student body committee will be discussing planning and marketing ideas for the Spring Festival next year. Getting actual work done for the betterment of the people. Using math skills... research... marketing... can your music class do that? Huh?" Seulgi announces while downing the rest of her drink. Her eyes are drooping and telling by her lowered voice, she's clearly out of it.