The Foreign Woman (2)

Me and Yoongi ordered food from a popular Korean restaurant and sat down at a table near the wall to wait for our number to get called

Me and Yoongi ordered food from a popular Korean restaurant and sat down at a table near the wall to wait for our number to get called. We came at the right time, because most college students are in class around 3 so it's not as packed as it could be.

I decided to ask Yoongi a question while we wait, but it seemed like he had some questions for me too. We both talked at the same time.

"So--"

"So--"

We chuckled at our ironic moment then I gestured for him to go first. 

"I was gonna ask, how long have you been playing piano?" Yoongi crosses his arms and leans them on the table while waiting for my answer.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing, ha. But I've been playing since I was, like, 5. But I quit in high school." I shrug.

"Since you were 5? Wow... so more than a decade? What year were you born in?" He asks.

"'95."

"Ohh, you're younger than me? Mmh... you should be using honorifics," Yoongi says while stroking his chin and squinting his eyes at me, as if to challenge me.

I'm a little taken aback and drop my jaw. Honorifics can be confusing as a new Korean learner. "Really? Wh-what would I call you?"

"I'm just kidding... kind of." He lets out a chuckle and I relax. "You can call me sunbae or honestly just my name is fine. We're close enough for that."

When he said close enough the gears in my brain started moving. How close does he think we are? And does he want to get closer? I know I do-- not in that way but... just as friends, of course.

I nod my head. "Got it, Yoongi. Uh, so how long have you played piano?"

"Me? Mm..." His eyes dart to the left as he thinks. I admire his "palm angels" beanie. "When I was in middle school. Piano was my first love." He made eye contact with me and pressed his lips together.

"Your first love, huh? What did you know about love back then? You were a kid," I joke as my mouth forms a grin.

"Oh, I was wise for my age, Y/N. I was- I was like Einstein but in a smaller body... and nicer hair."

His explanation makes me crack up. But my laughter was shortened by the presence of two males.

"Yo, Yoongi!"

Yoongi looks up at the two strangers then gives them a nod. His body language says that he doesn't really wanna be bothered but is acting friendly anyway.

"What's up, man? How are you?" The larger guy said.

"I'm good, and you?" Yoongi asks while craning his neck up at him.

"We're good. Me and Jihun were just getting some grub before our underground match today," The guy says. I glance at the smaller dude beside him who's lanky with glasses. Just as I was checking them out and trying to figure out their relation to Yoongi, they look at me. I can't read the smaller guys face, but the larger guy gives me chills - and not the good kind. I can't tell if he's happy to see a new face or if he wants me to disappear by the smirk on his face.