Chapter 18: Overcoming the Pain

Yinri didn't sleep that night. She couldn't after what happened. Izuku knocked on her door, "Hey, Yinri? Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes."

She stayed silent, covering her face in her pillow, her dried up tears covering it. Her endless crying lead to soft and rough sniffles, the tears wouldn't fall anymore. She never came out of her room that morning. A little later in the afternoon, she walked out of her room to use the restroom. By the time she walked out, the news was on. Iida's brother was all over the news, Yinri hoped she wouldn't hear anything about her grandparents and Azusa. Before she could walk back in her room, her hopes turned to mere dust and anger.

"Another breaking news story of an 11 year old girl and two elders found dead in their home about three hours away Musutafu, Japan. Their deaths happened during U.A.'s Sports Festival, they were murdered viciously. The person who found them was none other than close relative, Yinri Elrila; who happened to be visiting at the time. She was the elders granddaughter and the 11 year old's sister. A neighbor heard a scream next door, and that's when police were called. Crime investigators are looking into this gruesome scene to find out what exactly happened. More on the story at a later hour."

Yinri gripped her doorknob with her right hand, almost seeming like she was going to break it. Izuku shot up from the couch and stood beside of her with worry and concern, "Yinri... I-"

"Don't... it's fine." She stared up from the floor, and smiled at Izuku with tears falling down her face, "Don't stress yourself over me, please... I'll be fine." Her smile said one thing but the tears felt another, that smile was hidden behind Yinri's true feelings towards the situation.

"But it's obvious that you're not fine!" Izuku expressed.

"JUST SHUT UP ALREADY! EVERYTHING'S FINE!!" Yinri shouted with anger, rage, and mixed emotions, she opened her door and slammed it behind her, sliding down it and cradling her legs together. She whimpered to herself silently, every tear falling on her bare arms. A few minutes past, her phone vibrated against the night stand, Uraraka was calling her. Yinri ignored the call, and placed her phone back on the stand. She laid on her bed, blankly staring at the ceiling. Is this even real life?

Yinri stayed up all night, still not being able to sleep a wink. The last thing she wanted to do was go to school, she didn't want anyone asking her questions about the incident, nor did she even want to talk to anyone, not even Uraraka. Yinri skipped breakfast once again, not even thinking about it. The train ride to the school was incredibly quiet. Midoriya stayed silent along the way, not exactly knowing what to say to her. It poured the rain on the way there, and it was extremely crowded, Yinri was practically mushed in beside of Midoriya while they both looked at their phones. One of the passengers recognized both Yinri and Midoriya, "Hey, you! Both of you actually!"

Yinri and Midoriya turned their heads to see the guy talking to them, "You're Midoriya right, from the heroics department? And you must be Yinri, correct? That white hair's kind of a dead giveaway. You both were amazing in the Sports Festival, I rooted for you guys!"

They were both kind of surprised by the sudden compliments being given to them. They didn't say anything hardly. By the time they arrived, the rain poured even harder. Midoriya grabbed hold of an umbrella, Yinri followed behind him. She stood beside of him under the umbrella while they both walked leisurely to the school.

Midoriya kind of glanced over at Yinri, wanting to say something to her but not knowing how to put it into words. It was upsetting seeing her in this kind of traumatic state. Yinri noticed his eyes peering towards her, and he quickly looked away with a flustered expression. It was rather odd for it to be this quiet of a mornings, they usually chat until they enter the classroom.