Chapter 3

"Looks like it's not just your brother that has a good taste in men." Brendon winked at Sophie as he shook Dan's hand making the couple chuckle loudly.

He moved on to greet Phil with a handshake and a bro-hug making him giggle the whole time, then he moved to Pj who he shook hands with and patted kindly on the back. And when he finally got to Katie he stopped and smiled.

"And you must be the birthday girl!" Brendon asked, a hand on his hip.

"Y-yes," Katie stuttered, "t-thank you s-so much for the p-passes by the way."

"It was a pleasure, honestly." Brendon laughed before pulled Katie into a tight hug.

Her legs went weak and she hung her arms loosely around Brendon, not being able to conjure enough energy up to hug him back as tightly. Brendon returned to talking to the group as a whole. Telling them about the show and the performance, and starting to get them all riled up.

But Katie's gaze was fixed on the back of the room, on a man she had idolized for a while now. In the corner, talking to one of his friend's was Dallon Weekes. His dark brown hair was pushed back and his blue eyes were watching the person he was talking too calmly. That was until they travel to the side to meet Katie's wide blue ones. A smile appearing on his face.

"Oh my god." Katie whispered, moving eye contact away, herself feeling stunned.

Only Pj seemed to hear her, and he furrowed his eyebrows to mentally ask if she was okay. But that didn't last because the sound of Brendon introducing someone made her heart stop.

"Dallon, you remember Sophie?" Brendon said as he patted him on the back, "Big hint, she's the one with the hot brother."

Dallon laughed angelically as he embraced Sophie in a giant hug, "Of course I do. How are you sweet heart?" He asked.

"I'm great thanks." Sophie said, pulling away from the tallish human, "Oh this is Dan, my boyfriend, his two friends, Phil and Pj and the birthday girl herself, Katie."

He shook hands with all three of the boys, smiling at them kindly as he greeted them. That was until he got to Katie and a small smile played on his lip as his blue eyes met hers. He took her hand in his and delicately brought them up to his lips and planted a kiss on the back of her hand and Katie's heart beat began to beat out of control.

"Katie? I believe." He lowered her hand but didn't let go, "I'm Dallon Weekes. It's nice to meet you."

"O-oh, I know who you are." Katie stuttered, knowing that if Dallon wasn't holding her hand she would have fell onto the floor.

"I hope you had a good birthday. I was told it was in fact yesterday." Dallon explained.

"Yeah, these tickets literally made my life, never mind just the day." Katie laughed nervously.

"Sorry to leave so soon but I have to go and tune my bass, I hope to see you cheering extra loud." He winked, "See you after the show."

He then walked away. Katie's hand was let go of and she then had to be caught by a pair of arms that belonged to Phil Lester. At some point during the conversation with Dallon, Pj had moved and he seemed to look irritated and stood on the opposite side to Sophie.

"Thank you, Phil." Katie said, standing up finally maintaining her balance.

"No problem, he's quite the charmer, I would have done the same." Phil joked as Katie hit him lightly in the arm, making him laugh with a little bit of his tongue sticking out.

"Alright, I'm being called to do some sound checks. I'll see you after the show, Soph." Brendon announced as he pulled Sophie back into a hug, "Later everyone."

He then followed in the direction that Dallon had stalked off in, quickly shooting one last wave to Katie. Sophie immediately made her way to Katie who's eyes followed the band member out of the room.

"Oh my God, Dallon seems to really like you!" Sophie squealed as she gripped Katie's shoulders and shook her gently.

"What? Me? No, it can't be?" Katie shook her head, holding her hands up in defeat.

"Why not?" Sophie asked, "You are amazing, funny, kind-"

"Beautiful." Pj butted in, making Sophie turn to look at him slightly, and raising her eye brows. Pj moved his hand to the back of his neck and scratched it awkwardly.

"He's not wrong." Sophie said, letting go of her shoulders.

Before Katie could show any appreciation for Sophie's kind words a burly voice of a security guard broke their eye contact.

"Mr Urie has requested that I show you to your seats." He said, looking straight at Dan.

Dan nodded, signalling for the girls to follow and Sophie immediately left Katie's side to join her boyfriend as he wrapped one arm around her shoulder. A huge wave of giddiness washed over Katie as they were lead down a long corridor and out through a curtain into the very front row.

Katie was sat directly in the middle of the group, Sophie on one side of her and Pj on the other. Dan was sat next to Sophie and Phil was on the other side of Dan. They sat and waited for the music and Sophie held Katie's hand excitedly as the boys had a conversation over the top of their heads. Being short was an advantage to them.

Soon the lights went down and the music began to play making Katie jump to her feet at super human speed pulling Sophie up with her. The high pitched screams around them made them even more excited as the voice of Brendon Urie came through the microphone and the two girls jumped up and down on the spot.

"Oh my god, it's happening." Katie said, as she repeatedly elbowed Pj in the side.

And just like that the music had started.