Chapter 7

Katie waited just in front of the London Eye, sat on a cold park bench. Passing tourists buzzed past her making her feel a little bit more high spirited for the early morning rush. She was wearing a black, casual dress, that had a skater style bottom, paired with tights and her Timberland Boots, over the top, matched with a black cardigan. Her hair was tied out of her face with two French plaits that just came over her shoulder and her makeup wasn't hugely piled on. Just a little bit of Concealer, Mascara, winged eyeliner and some light eye shadow, topped off with some lip balm.

She had to admit, she was eager and that she had gotten there a little too early that necessary so when she saw Dallon, wearing a pair of sunglasses to shield his eyes from the early morning rays and his face from passing fans, she stood up immediately and pushed her glasses up her nose before walking to meet him.

"Good morning." Katie said, stopping in front of him.

"Hello, there." He pulled her into a hug, "Lovely to see you again."

"You too!" Katie said as she pulled back, "So since it's your first time as a tourist, i think you should pick where the first site we go to is."

"The London eye might be the perfect place to start." He joked, pointing up at the towering fairest wheel, that over looked the whole of the city.

"Sure, lets go and get tickets." Katie chuckled, as she began to walk towards the ticket booth.

They waited in line for only ten minutes before they were rushed into a moving Pod with four other people. They get higher and higher and the view got even more pretty, but also even warmer. Soon they were at the top and the two pressed their faces against the glass, wanting to see more. The river water was glistening beautiful bellow them, the London traffic was quickly, but swiftly flying passed them. And the people were like ants, all looking up at them. It was magical.

"How unbelievable is this view?" Katie said, looking over to the gates of Buckingham palace.

"I think this view is better!" Dallon said.

Katie turned around to find him looking directly at her, making her cheeks flush dark pink. Dallon realised the awkwardness coming from the girl and immediately scratched the back of his neck before pointing in the opposite direction.

"I mean, the Gherkin looks great in this sunlight." He laughed nervously.

Katie let out a giggle and moved to stare back over the river, slowly feeling the Pod make it's way downwards, she felt Dallon move next to her as they looked of in silence, enjoying each others company.

"So where too next?" Katie asked, as they lead on another out of the huge crowd waiting to board the wheel.

"I've always wanted to meet the queen." Dallon joked.

"You can't actually meet her, but we can stand outside her home and take pictures." Katie said, laughing to herself.

"Let's do it." Dallon agreed eagerly.

So the pair hailed a taxi, and climbed in the back, giving the driver the name of the location. After arguing for the whole journey on who would be paying, Dallon paid the driver and got out of the car, leaving them in front of the golden gates. Dallon gasped, racing to the front of the crowd to get a glimpse of the huge building.

"Sorry," Katie said repeatedly as she tried to push through to catch up with Dallon.

"Would you look at that? It's bigger than mine and Brendon's house put together." He said in awe at the castle.

"She is the queen, she gets whatever she wants," Katie giggled, but stopped because of some grumbling from people behind her, "Dallon, we're in the way of these people."

Dallon looked over his shoulder at the group of annoyed people and rolled his eyes, he gently took hold of Katie's hand and lead her out into the middle of the court yard where the fountain stood.

Katie blushed slightly, as Dallon leant against the edge, and she sat down. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she took it out to see there was a text from Sophie.

SC: Me and Dan are heading to Café Frei, if you guys are still down for lunch x

Katie smiled, tucking her phone away, taking Dallon's arm.

"Dan and Sophie are heading for lunch. The Café is walking distance from here." Katie said, lightly pulling on his arm.

He grinned and moved his hand to interlock his fingers with hers, and swinging them as they walked, "Lead the way, darling." Katie had to walk in front, so Dallon couldn't see her once again flaming cheeks.

They arrived at the Café to see Dan and Sophie already on a four seat table, sitting rather close to each other so their shoulders were brushing together. One of their hands were tied tightly together on the top of the table and the others both had their phones in them, looking down antisocially in sync.

When Dallon and Katie pulled their chairs out the both of the looked up and grinned, Dan passing his phone to Sophie and her tucking them both away in her bag.

"Hey guys, we've ordered you a cup of tea each an sandwich, is that okay?" Sophie asked

"That's great." Dallon said, tucking in his chair.

"Fabulous." Sophie clapped, "So how has London been so far?"

"Amazing, we've been to the London Eye and Buckingham Palace." Dallon clapped excitedly, making Katie smile and awe at him.

Dan and Sophie looked at each other with an expression Katie didn't understand. They both had tight smiles in their faces, and their eyebrows raised almost saying 'I told you so' to each other mentally.

They chatted about London when their food and tea came, and they ate comfortably around each other. The conversations were mostly between Dan, Sophie and Dallon because Katie was just observing the expressions Dallon had when he talked, making him look extra cute.

"It's been lovely, but we have to run. Phil doesn't like being home alone for long periods of time." Dan said as both him and Sophie stood up, "Could we give you guys a lift home?"

"No, my hotel is walking distance." Dallon said before turning to Katie, "It's been a great morning and afternoon. I'll call you okay?"

Katie smiled widely, "Okay."

Dallon took hold of both her hands and placed a light kiss on her cheek before smiling at her, shooting Dan and Sophie a wave and leaving the Café. Sophie and Dan stare at Katie wide eyed before she broke out into a little scream and bounded towards them.

"This is the best day of my life." She yelled as she hugged Sophie ever so tightly.