Chapter 6

It was cold the next morning. They had gotten back so late that Katie had completely ignored Pj and went straight to her room, put on her pyjamas and gotten into bed. When she woke up, her eyeliner had smudged down her face, her hair was standing on end but her bed sheets were the warmest thing in the world.

She didn't really feel like facing Pj today either, so she just retrieved her laptop from next to her bed and remained to stay there all day. She scrolled through tumblr, tweeted about last night, making sure to tag everyone in it. But she was at complete peace when her phone chimed. Making her furrow her eyebrows a little.

She grabbed her phone from the tangled sheets and her eyes immediatly went wide and she kicked her legs excitedly as she read over the message.

DW: Hey, Katie. It's Dallon Weekes. You gave me your number last night. x

KA: Hi Dallon. I remember you. I just didn't expect you to text me so soon! x

DW: Best not keep a beautiful lady waiting. x

KA: You're too sweet x

DW: Anyway, I was wondering if you were up to anything this weekend. I thought that we could, maybe, hang out. If you're up for it x

KA: Sure. What do you have in mind? x

DW: I've been speaking to your friend Sophie. She suggested, since I've never really been around London as a tourist, that you could take me. Then for lunch we'll meet up with her and her boyfriend and go to a café? x

KA: Sounds like a plan. Tell me the time and place and I'll be there! x

DW: The London eye, 11am? x

KA: I can't wait! x

DW: See you then, love! 😘x

Katie practically jumped to her feet, her eyes staring at the text conversation she had just had as she repeatedly jumped up and down in her bed, making an extremely loudness noise. But she didn't care if Pj got annoyed because Dallon Weekes had just asked her out on a date.

As she was jumping, she pulled out Sophie's contact and began to dial her number, not bothering to stop her unexpected exercise she was doing. It rang a few times before a cheerful voice picked up.

"Ello, ello ello." Sophie's voice rang down the phone.

In reply Katie just shrieked excitedly as she leapt from her bed to the cold wooden floor and pranced her round her room in a dancing style.

"Are you going to tell me why you're so excited or blow my other ear drum out?" Sophie asked, Katie could feel her eye roll through her tone.

"Dallon, texted me." Katie said, realising how out of breath she actually was.

"He did?" Sophie asked, and squealed like a school girl down the phone. The two girls were now simultaneously hopping in excitement, "I knew that pep talk this morning would help. What's he planned? Where's he taking you? "

"He wants to meet up on Saturday. You and Dan are free right? He wants to have like a double date type lunch! Please tell me you guys can come?" Katie asked, suddenly stopping.

"Hold on a second, I'll ask Dan." Sophie said, before removing the phone from her ear.

"Dan?"
...
"Daniel?"
"Yeah, love?"
"Are we busy on Saturday?"
"Do you count tumbling, as being busy?"
"No."
"Then No, we're not."
"Do you want to meet Katie and Dallon for lunch?"
"As in a double date?!?!"
"Yeah!"
"Oh my god! He asked us on a date?"
"No, he asked Katie on a date."
"He still asked us to go. What will i wear?!"

"The amount of fanboying he's doing right now mean he basically said yes, we will meet you in London." Sophie then moved her mouth back to the phone where she then had a screaming fit again with Katie.

"Okay, okay, okay. I'm so excited." Katie said trying to calm herself down, but the crazy smile on her face was proof that it wasn't working.

"See you then, sugar!" Sophie squealed.

Her high pitched giddiness was cut off when Katie put the phone down and continued to dance about in private for a while. Basking in her own, self worthy.

A knock on her door, stopped her in mid dance. And when it opened she scrambled into a more natural position so that she looked like more of a normal person. Pj popped a shy head around the door, his dark curls falling in front of his face and his glasses propped on the end of his nose.

"You okay? I heard screaming?" Pj asked, barely about to look her in the eye.

"I'm not sure if I want to tell you. You may get sour about it again." Katie said, pursing her lips and playing with her fingers.

"Is it about Dallon?" Pj said, opening the door a little more to reveal his pyjama convo.

"That's non of your business." Katie said, picking up her laptop and placing it back onto her knee, "Why? Are you going to get all salty about it, like last night."

"You're obviously going to end up telling me about it if it excites you this much, you may as well get it out of the way and tell me now." Pj sighed, leaning against her door.

"Okay." Katie agreed, not being able to help herself at all, "Dallon asked me on a date, and I said yes."

Pj physically stiffened at the mention of Dallon's name before his eyes hardened and he backed up, and left without another word. He slammed the door aggressively, and it make Katie screw her eyes tightly because of the loud noise.

But she didn't let that drain her excitement. Katie had bigger issues to worry about that Pj Liguori. She had to organise her hair, her makeup, her outfit. Where she was going to take him. This was all such a thrill for her. A date, with Dallon Weekes, was not something that she wanted to make a mess of.