Chapter 14

Katie left Dallon's lips one last time as she slipped into her apartment building, unwillingly saying goodbye to Dallon and heading back to her hopefully empty house. She didn't want to leave the night of fun and romance that she had experienced in the park. But she did, yet never letting the memories leave her head.

The smile still on her face as she unlocked her flat door, only to be met with the sound of light snores. The lights turned down dim and the accompanying sound of tussling.

Her smile dropped as she threw the keys down roughly onto the counter and made her way into the sitting room. A loud gasp escaping her lips when she saw someone laid flat on her sofa.

A pair of heels positioned messily in front of them, their jacket draped over them keeping them warm and the bandage attached to her nose that was doused in deep red blood.

She stood over Cat as she slept, Pain covering her face. Then turning around when she heard and felt a presence enter the room behind her. She spun around to meet the green eyes of Pj which looked rather annoyed yet defeated as he stared back at her.

"She is not welcome in our house Pj." Katie said, pointing at the sleeping woman.

"Our house?" Pj said, "Seems like it's just been my house lately, since you're never, ever here."

"That was your fault, and you know it!" Katie said, her anger boiling.

"So you came back, did you?" He asked, "so thought you would of been with Dallon."

"I was," she nodded, "he just walked be back.

"Figures. I'm surprised you didn't head back to his hotel together." Pj spat.

Katie's jaw fell open at his accusation.

"How dare you?" She whisper shouted, "I've known him a week, Pj. How could you even think that low of me."

"How could I not?" He growled.

Her jaw tightened at his comment, her whole body going tense with offence.

"Who even are you any more?" Katie has to hold her breath to keep in the tears.

"Me? You're the one that is prancing around with some band boy," Pj argued, "it's like you're not even acknowledging the fact that he's going to America!"

"It's non of your business Pj Kate whispered, the tears beginning to run down her cheeks.

"And it will continue to be non of my business when he leaves and you're heartbroken because I'm not going to be here to help," Pj said, turning around and walking towards his bedroom, slamming the door so loud that it made Cat stir from the sofa.

Katie felt her legs give out as she fell to the floor, water now cascading down her cheeks. She could barely breath as she reached into her bag and pulled of her phone, dialling the only person she could think of right now.

She let it ring after pressing their contact name and they immediately picked up.

"Katie? Hi?" Dallon's voice ring out happily.

"Dallon." Katie cried out.

"What's wrong? where are you?" The Panic spread though his voice.

"My flat," she choked, "Pj is here."

"I'm texting you the address to my hotel, get yourself over here." Dallon said.

"Okay, I'm coming." Katie said, standing up nodding to herself as she pulled herself off the floor.

--

She knocked on the hotel room door for it to swing open and Dallon pull her straight into a hug. She happily snuggled into his chest, the tears beginning to spill again as he held her close to him.

"Shh, it's okay sweetheart." He said as he rubbed her back.

He lead her to the bed where he sat, cradling her distraught figure in his arms.

"I just can't believe he was such a jerk." Katie sobbed into his chest.

He continued to comfort her for a while, the two ending up in the bed, her head on his chest and his hand slowly stroking her face when the tear stains were.

"I'm glad you came to me for help." Dallon whispered to the girl who was almost asleep on him.

"I'm glad I did too." Kate whispered back, "But you're not going to be here for very long. I can't come to America when I feel sad."

"Let's not talk about that. Let's not ruin this moment." Dallon mumbled, pulling her a little closer.

"Okay, sure." She said, nodding.

The two stayed cuddled up on the bed, Katie felt herself relax into the bed, holding Dallon close to her.

"Goodnight Sweetie!" Dallon whispered as he snuggled down more.