Chapter 13

The couple walked hand in hand away from the restaurant, away from the trouble that was happening behind them. They made their way silently to the park, enjoying each other's close body heat on the cold night.

They entered the park gates and they walked slowly across the gravelly floor, Katie's shoes making a satisfying crunch sound as she moved. The trees were dark compared to during the day but they still looked beautiful in the low light of the street lights. The grass still looked smooth and healthier in the dark too.

Not to mention that they were completely alone, no one was around to watch them or disturb them. Katie thought it was perfect because she could have Dallon all to herself. No old friends, no fans, just her and Dallon Weekes, walking and talking in the park. Pretending that their night had not gone to shit and their friends may or may not get band from every fancy restaurant ever.

"Some night, huh?" Dallon asked as they entered a trail of trees.

"Yeah, I do apologise. Pj shouldn't have showed up, we had a little trouble a few days ago and it's all been a little crazy." Katie laughed awkwardly, looking down at her hand, that was locked with Dallon's, as she walked.

"He's a creepy dude." Dallon laughed, "What's his deal?"

"Well, it's a really long story. But he recently told my friends that he was in love with me. And when I didn't feel the same way he kind of went off the rails." Katie explained.

"Jesus Christ." Dallon rolled his eyes

Katie laughed lightly, not knowing what to think of Pj's behaviour. Being his best friend for what seemed like forever, she had never seem him act so psychotic and controlling, it was strange.

Dallon lead them to the edge of a field, stepping onto the fresh grass. Katie stopped before putting her feet on the grass, leaning down and unbuckling her heels, taking them off and letting her bare feet take in the smooth, healthy grass.

Dallon waited as she caught up, and immediately put his arm around her as they strolled along the ground. He pulled her up to the top of a small hill and the couple stationed themselves there, sitting down and enjoying each other's company.

"The London night sky is so pretty." Katie said, lying back to look at the stars.

"I can think of something prettier." Dallon said, propping himself up on his elbow to smile down at her.

"Stop." Katie giggled, covering her flushed face and massive grin his her hands embarrassingly.

He chucked to himself before lying back in his back and looking up at the sky again. He reached over and placed one hand in the top of Katie's leg, notifying her that he was still here.

"Isn't the universe amazing?" He asked, "We are so big, yet so small at the same time."

"Are you trying to give me an existential crisis?" Katie laughed, "because if that's the road you're going to go down, I can call Dan. He'll make you question everything about your existence."

"No that's okay. I want to know about you." Dallon said.

"Me? Why?" Katie asked.

"You know so much about me, so I want to know about you. Who is Katie Alvey? Where do you come from? What do you do? I'm itching to know." Dallon asked, looking at her with a genuine interest.

"I'm not really that interesting compared to you! I grew up in Leeds, playing bass, ukulele and guitar. I did want to study music but my dad said that I couldn't make a career with it. Which Is quite ironic that I'm saying that to a musician. But I'm a photography student, I take pictures of things that I'm told to, and that will help me pass." Katie said, chuckling to herself.

"Photography most certainly is interesting. You can photograph whatever you want as soon as you finish school. There's so many opportunities with photography, and you have the potential to do all of them." Dallon explained.

The pair sat up, looking at each other deeply, a small smile lingered on both their faces as they stared at each other comfortably, in awe.

"You really think so?" Katie whispered.

"Absolutely." He grinned.

The two began to lean forward and their eyes locked as a sprinkle of water showered over them. From all directions multiple sprinklers were spraying at them, drenching them from head to toe in water. Katie jumped to her feet as he gripped her hair letting out a little shriek, the curls she had spent ages doing had dropped, leaving it wet and straight.

"My hair'" Katie whined, "My dress!"

"Don't be silly, you still look absolutely amazing." Dallon said, taking hold of her hands and stepping closer to her.

"Dallon..." Katie gushed.

She wasn't able to say anything else, she had gotten lost in the blue sea that were Dallon Weekes eyes. His face was slightly edging closer and she could smell his sweet, ice cream breath. Her eyes went from his down to his lips, skipping up and down a few times before Dallon finally locked both of their lips together.

His hands came to her face as he gentle stroked her cheeks, then bring just one back to tangle into her wet hair. Their lips moved in sync and they both melted into it, like it was a natural thing to them. Katie's hand was on his chest, gripping his shirt lightly, the other on his shoulder, holding him in place.

The water continued to sprinkle down when they pulled away, each other of their hairs flat and soaking wet.

"Let's go get you dry." Dallon said, as he continued to stroke her cheek.

She blushed and smiled widely at him, her hands still gripping his chest as they remained close.

"Okay." She whispered and nodded.

They moved away and she immediately missed his warmth on her front, but he soon moved around to her side and locked their hands once again, pulling her off the grass, out of the park and into a taxi, home.