Chapter 19

"You're tagging along with us today, Katie. I'm sick of you staying home and sulking." Sophie said to her best friend as her and Dan entered her lounge.

Katie had been in the house for the past 24 hours, moping and crying over Dallon leaving for America. Sophie though that she could use sometime outside so she had invited her on one of hers and Dan's lunch dates.

"You really think I want to sit in a restaurant, watching you and Dan doing all your coupley things, while the person I used to do all them things is leaving the country?" Katie complained as she threw herself down in the cave of blankets and half eaten snacks.

"Yes I do, now I want you to go in that bedroom. I want you to get some clothes on and god damn it Katie, I am going to get you out of this house one way or another. So you are going to go and make yourself look presentable or I will drag you out of the house like this." Sophie said, her arms folded.

The girls held intense eye contact for a moment, their eyes glaring like crazy. Soon Katie sighed loudly, slamming her hands onto the sofa next to her, and standing up.

"Well we can tell who tops in your relationship!" She rolled her eyes as she marched out and into her bedroom.

Sophie flashed a huge smile at Dan who just laughed at the comment. Katie soon emerged, her hair smooth, her jeans, t-shirt and jacket clean and she most definitely ready to go out into the world.

"Lets go." Sophie said excitedly as Katie lead them out of the apartment and shut the door.

They arrived at a small restaurant where they all sat in a booth, Katie on one side, Sophie and Dan on the other. His arm resting on her leg while she leaded into him, looking at the menu.

"Are you ready to order?" The waiter said.

"I'll just have a glass of water please?" Katie said, not even looking at the menu.

"We'll both have the same but with two orders of pasta." Dan nodded, and the waiting nodded and walked away.

"How is this going to make me feel better?" Katie asked, "Dallon isn't here, so this is not making me feel better."

"But getting some fresh has helped, right?" Sophie said, hopeful.

"Listen, I am completely grateful that you have invited me to come out with guys but all I want to do right now is sit alone in my self pity. That's what will make me feel better." Katie said.

"Are you sure?" Sophie asked, giving up, "It's raining, we can get you a cab?"

"No I'm fine." Katie stood up, "the rain will make me feel fresh."

"Okay, be safe" Sophie called as she left the restaurant.

The rain it her as soon as she stepped out into the bustling street. She started to walk and most people were eager to get out of rain but the closer to home she got the wetter they got and the less they cared about rushing.

But Katie completely stopped in her tracks when she saw who was waiting outside she building for her. With flowers in his hand, he stood up when he saw Katie standing there, drenched right through.

She then ran, as fast as her legs could carry her towards him. She flung herself into his open arms and he swung her around, dropping the flowers on the floor. Once her feet were on the floor she stayed clutched to his chest, not ever wanting to let go.

"What are you doing here?" Katie mumbled, "you should be getting ready to go to America right now."

"I just couldn't bring myself to pack when I know that you're not going to be there." Dallon said, stroking her hair, despite the fact it was still raining.

"Wait, you're not going?" Katie said, pulled back a little and looking up into his eyes.

"Oh no, I am going to America." Dallon said, stilling gripping onto Sophie's shoulders.

"Oh." Katie sort of looked down.

"No, no. What I mean is," Dallon struggled, "I'm going to America, and you're coming with me."

Katie froze and stared at him, unable to comprehend what he had just said, blinking rapidly. Dallon nodded, stepping back and plunging his hand into his pocket, pulling out a plane ticket.

"Are you serious?" Katie gasped, jumping forward to hug him once more, "how? Why?"

"The photographer that usually follows around on tour has been ill. Our manager was desperate to hire a new one and both Brendon and I recommended you!" Dallon said excitedly.

"Oh Dallon, this is amazing." Katie said looking up into his happier, bright blue eyes.

He looked down at her, and their heads began to moved closer to each other and soon the two were making out in the rain, so happy to be near each other and not being able to leave now for a while