Chapter 5

The group followed the guard backstage to where it would seem that Brendon and Dallon were waiting for their arrival. Even though Dallon seemed a lot more thrilled when Katie came through.

"Sophie, I hope you enjoyed the show!" Brendon grinned as he approached and pulled her into another hug, "The last song was more for you and Dan which I observed that you's bonded well through it."

"Thank you so much, it's been a surreal night." Dan grinned, shaking Brendon and Dallon's hands.

Instead of talking to Phil and Pj, Dallon moved straight up to Katie who's cheeks began to burn bright red as they chatted amongst themselves.

"Do you ship it?" Dan whispered to Sophie, Phil and Pj. Brendon listening carefully.

"I ship it more than I ship Phan." Sophie giggled, watching as Dallon kissed the back of Katie's hand.

"This could happen, I could help." Brendon stepped in.

"No, there shall be no ship. No helping. No Katie and Dallon." Pj huffed, staring at the two.

"I hate to break it to you mate but I already ship it, and there is nothing you can do about it." Sophie pursed her lips at the salty looking Pj.

He just scoffed and left the group, leaving out the back door.

"Well I don't know where the Fuck he's going," Sophie said, digging into her pocket and taking out her keys, "I'm driving."

After talking to one another for a little while longer, the room began to empty and it was only them left standing there. Katie and Dallon had came back over to join the group. And Brendon and Dallon were seeing them off.

"Again it was great seeing you guys," Brendon said as they made their way to the door, "Tell your brother I said hi, Soph."

And just like that the slipped through the door and began to make their way back down the corridor towards the car park. But they were brought to a halt because of the name 'Katie' being repeatedly called. And the sound of quick, echoing footsteps made them all turn to see what the racket was about.

Dallon was running towards them, repeatedly calling out for Katie before stopping and panting in front of her.

"Dallon?" Katie questioned, feeling slightly awkward because of her gawking friends.

"Sorry, I was meaning to ask, and it's okay if you say no, because-" Dallon rambled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Ask her damn it." Sophie scolded from the spectating crowd.

"Can I please, have your number?" Dallon asked, breathlessly.

Katie's cheeks heated up as she smiled down at her shoes, nodding quickly. Dallon's face turned into a smile as he pulled a pen out of his back pocket and offered her it. Putting out his hand for the temporary piece of paper.

Katie wrote down the number and handed back his pen. Dallon was so excited that he pulled the girl into a hug and pulled away planting a quick peck on her cheek.

"I'll text you." He winked, turning on his heel before strolling away, calmly back towards the stage.

Katie turned around, her eyes extremely wide, her mouth hanging open a little bit. She was completely lost for words, had she just given her number to one of her many heroes? Wow. She walked slowly towards her friends that were visibly buzzing with happiness for her. But she just walked back to the car, in complete silence as Phil Lester hung off her arm and congratulated her.

They could see Pj stood next to the car, his arms wrapped around him a little too stop himself shivering in the cold air. Sophie couldn't help but smirk at the boy as she wiggled the noisy keys in his face. And with a press of her button and the roll of Pj's eyes they got back into the car, but this time, Phil was in the middle and Katie and Pj were on either side. The vehicle was filled with an unfamiliar tension.

"So," Phil broke the silence, "When do you think he's going to get in touch?"

"He?" Pj questioned, shooting a confused look at Katie, "Who is this 'he' you speak of?"

"Dallon Weekes, I gave him my number, he said he would text me, but I'm not sure when." Katie replied, answering both questions that were following.

"You gave him your number?" Pj asked, horrified, "That was a terrible idea, you should not have done that Katie, totally irresponsible of you."

Pj leant back into the seat and folded his arms like a child, and Katie seemed to want the seat to swallow her up, she wasn't taking Pj's comments too well.

"Why was it a terrible idea? He obviously likes her, and she obviously admires his music, why shouldn't she of gave him her number?" Dan asked, raising one eyebrow slightly at Pj.

"For starters, this is the first time she met the guy. For all she knows he could be a secret serial killer." Pj tried to argue.

"I've known them for years, as a fan and personally. Dallon is a pretty cool guy." Sophie argued back with Pj, "Face it Peej, you're over reaction. I know you care about Katie but your reasoning is weak. Look at me and Dan, we had only known each other a few minutes when he asked for my number."

Pj looked lost for words and Katie seemed to be moved her posture back to a more confident style as her friends defended her. It was no use for Pj to try and argue so he stayed completely silent until Sophie pulled up to his and Katie's shared flat.

He jumped out the car without hesitation, without a goodbye and a loud, aggressive slam to the door. Phil sent Katie an apologetic look as she slowly opened her door.

"If he's any trouble, just call us. Sophie will come and pick you up." Dan said, seeing Katie off.

"Thanks Dan." Katie smiled, hopping out the car, "Bye, you guys. And thank you for the best night."

"Our pleasure, dear." Sophie smiled at her friend before she shut the door and made her way towards her house.