Chapter 12

The tension throughout the night was getting worse. Brendon was oblivious to the current situation as he continued to drink his wine and get drunker and drunker without a care. Katie was trying not to get very drunk because the night had already been spoilt enough. No one else around them were drinking for pleasure. Sophie was downing glass after glass out of anger. Trying to keep her rage down. It was amazing how she managed to stay sober for all that time.

"I could eat a whole cake, I'm that hungry!" Brendon patted his belly as he called the waiter back over to take their dessert orders.

"I can think of something sweet that I'd like for dessert," cat grinned, flashing a look at Dan.

Sophie and Katie both gagged mockingly at the girl, at the same time as they took a sip of their alcohol.

Everyone around them let out rather a sly or out loud laugh, well everyone except Cat and Pj who were looking at everyone with a mix of irritation and offence.

By the time the deserts had arrived, Dan has practically positioned himself on Sophie's lap, trying to position himself away from Cat, whose hair twiddling was getting over used.

"Hey, can I try something?" Dallon asked, leaning closer to Katie.

"Sure. What is it exactly?" She replied.

"I just want to see how he would respond if I did this." Dallon began.

Before Katie could ask what he was doing, he had pressed his lips to her cheek, making her blush and giggle slightly. He then pulled away and looked at Pj's reaction.

Pj's eyes were now darker as they not only stared but burned into the couple who had scooted closer for comfort.

"So Dan," Cat began moving even closer to Dan, not even on her own chair anymore, "how have you been?"

"Good," Dan gulped, moving closer to Sophie, "Great actually."

"Good I'm glad," she smiled and batted her eyelashes, moving her hand to Dan's hair "I love the curls. Did you wear them like that for me? Knowing that I love them and all."

Before her hands could tangle into his fringe, Dan pushed his chair out and stood up, moving away from the two girls, "excuse me for a moment, I'm going to go and get some air."

Dan left and Cat moved back to her original place. But Pj wasn't about to give up so easily.

"So Katie, are you planning on coming home tonight or are you planning on being a stop out again." Pj smirked.

Dallon looked at Katie, almost stiff, completely getting the wrong idea. He furrowed his eyebrows and waited for his date to answer.

"N-no I-I." Katie could barley speak.

"That depends Pj, are you going to make her cry again?" Sophie said with folded arms, "Might make her so terrified that she has to crash at my place again."

Katie felt Dallon relax and let out a almost silent sigh of relief. but the whole atmosphere had gotten tense now and even Brendon had picked up on it. Pj leaned back in defeat, throwing his napkin down. But Cat wasn't ready to give up.

"Excuse me for a moment, I'm going to the bathroom." Cat smiled as she stood up.

The table watched in silence as she jumped up and left, heading in the completely opposite direction of the lavatories and towards the direction that Dan had walked in.

Everyone's eyes moved back to Sophie who watched with pursed lips and a small smile on her face. She then stood up and pulled her dress down slightly. She pulled out some money and threw it down on the table, paying for both her and Dan's meal.

"Excuse me for a moment, I'm just going to go and get arrested." She let out a small laugh, as she slung her bag over her shoulder and then moving as quick as she could in her heels.

Phil took some money out and put it on the table.

"Tonight has been great, but I'm going to have to excuse myself," he pulled his chair out, "Sophie can get aggressive when she's had wine."

And with a sly dig at Pj, he had left the room, chasing after Sophie and Dan.

"I'm not going to lie," Brendon hiccuped, "Each of them have left way more money than they should have."

Katie sighed before pulling out her purse and handing some money to Dallon, "This night has been a complete disaster. It would be wrong of me to make you pay for it all."

"Please, don't leave. I've been having a wonderful night with you." Dallon begged, catching her hands.

"I've enjoyed spending it with you as well Dallon, but it's all been a little dramatic." She sighed, pulling away her hands.

She then got up and left the table, wanting to leave such a shitty night behind her. She exited the restaurant to now only the cold air hitting her refreshingly. But at her feet there was Cat sat on the floor, one hand covering her bloody nose. Dan was a few feet away, holding Sophie's hands and trying to calm her down.

"What the hell is going on here?" Katie asked, looking at Dan who was whispering into Sophie's ear.

"She punched me." Cat shrieked, "That crazy, psycho bitch punched me in the face!"

"Did it hurt?" Katie asked

"Very much so, yes!" Cat was still squealing like a child.

"It's a good thing you deserved it then." Katie shrugged.

Cat opened her mouth wide in defence at the girl. Katie chose to ignore her as she sorted herself out.

"Let's get away from the chaos." A voice came from behind her, making her spin around to meet the blue eyes of Dallon Weekes, "Let's take a walk, just you and me."

"That sounds perfect right now." Katie sighed, interlocking her fingers with Dallon's and walking away from the restaurant, leaving Pj hopelessly watching them walk away.

.