Chapter 17

The party turned out great in the end, Dallon didn't let his hand stop him from having a good time. Once Phil and Sophie returned from talking to Pj, they all met back up with Dan, who had been sat in the corner on his own the majority of the time and they all danced and bonded together.

Katie had returned home that night to an empty house. Dallon insisted that he would be the one to walk her home, as much as Katie tried to get him to think otherwise. After a long kiss goodbye, Dallon left, leaving Katie to get ready for bed. She had no trouble falling asleep that night, but when she woke up it felt strange. No one was home and Pj had most certainly not come back. As much as she despised him right now, she was getting worried.

It was a little early when Katie woke up. The weather outside was terrible, the sky was covered in grey clouds and rain fell from them rather heavily. It was most definitely time to stay in her pyjamas all day and do literally nothing. So she got out of bed, carrying her duvet cover and plonked it on the sofa where she was going to lay all day.

Currently half way through her 4th binge watch of Rick and Morty, the room was surrounded in the sound of loud knocks coming from the front door. She was hesitant at first, she didn't really want to encounter Pj at this time, and if it was him, why was he knocking?

She got up slowly, traveling at resistant speeds, hoping that if she took too long, they would go away. But the knocking happened again just as she put her hand on the door handle to open it. With a sigh she swung it open.

To her surprise she was happy to see the mystery knocker. Dallon stood outside, his hair and clothes were completely soaking, and Katie guessed that, that was the reason he looked so miserable at that time.

"Hey, you." She beamed, pulling him into a kiss.

But Dallon stoped her, placing two hands on each of her shoulders. His face was stone cold as he stepped into the room, and Katie's face was a mix between hurt and confusion.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her palms becoming sweaty as Dallon closed the door.

"We need to talk about America." Dallon said, as he shrugged off his soggy coat, and hanging it up on the coat rack next to the door, "and I think now is the right time to do it."

Katie felt her heart rate pick up, as she stepped away from him. She nodded, unable to speak.

"I'll make some tea." She croaked, running off towards the kitchen.

She left Dallon for a moment, he invited himself in and went into the sitting room, taking in the bedcover and the paused Nextflix show. He moved the duvet onto the floor and sat on the sofa. Katie came in, carrying two hot cups, she placed one down in front of him.

"S-so, what do you want to talk about?" Katie said, handling her tea nervously.

"We leave in a few days, and I think after avoiding it for so long, it's time to become adults and discuss what's going to happen when I'm gone." Dallon said, his voice hard but behind it Katie could see that it was threatening to fall.

"What is going to happen?" Katie said, her voice small, her hopes maybe a little too high.

"Whatever happens, I just want you to remember that'll I never forget you." Dallon trailed off.

That sentence alone was enough to make the sobs break from Katie's mouth, she looked away from him, placing her tea on the side table next to her, continuing to cover her face with her hands.

Dallon moved closer to her, putting his arms around her comfortingly, "hey, shh, you didn't let me finish."

"Oh Dallon, don't even try to kid yourself, the 'I'll never forget you' line is used when you know for a fact that we're never going to see each other again!" Katie was almost shouting, despite the obvious tears that were cascading down her cheeks.

"No love, what I was going to say, before you interrupted, was that I'll never forget you, and I will definitely come back for you. But what I need you to do is wait for me. Can you do that?" Dallon asked, taking her hands in his and pulling them into his lap.

"How long is the wait?" Katie asked.

"I'm not sure." Dallon said, sadly.

"Well then neither am I." Was all Katie replied, looking at the floor.

She felt Dallon let go of her hands and stand up. An unreadable expression on his face as he silently moved to get his coat.

"I understand Katie," he sort of smiled, "i guess I'll see you around?"

Katie didn't reply, she couldn't even look at him. When she didn't speak he just sighed, he slipped on his coat and slipped out of the flat. As soon as she heard the door close, she felt as though something in her chest had ripped. She doubled over, the loud shrieks and cries left her mouth as she tried to muffle them with her hands. She grabbed her phone, texting for her best friend to come, help her, save her from the pain.

And as if just like magic, ten minutes later. Sophie was on the couch, Katie's head in her lap. She softly stroked her hair, as Katie cried into her knees. Sophie shushed her, reassuring her that everything would be alright. But the fractured pain in her chest was throbbing and telling her otherwise.

"Your beautiful, funny, smart, there will be many more handsome, intelligent, bass players out there to make you happy. Even if they're not like Dallon, you may find someone even better." Sophie tried to sooth.

But In reality, both of them had no idea where she would find another person to replace Dallon Weekes.