✩ chapter I, act II ✩

"I'm unbuttoning my shirt, painting the circle over my heart, please... just shoot straight."
chapter I, act II ✧ 𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒔

Hvitserk, Ubbe, Sigurd, and Nero each held a side of Ivar's stretcher.

Barely halfway towards the clearing, they were all panting, "For a boy without legs you sure are heavy."

Ivar guessed that Nero had walked away because he was no longer giving her his full attention. He said nothing, knowing full-well the girl could never stay mad at him for long. And when they finally reached the training grounds, she was nearly sobering up.

The torches and the smell that came from the dead animals communicated to her primal side. The boys helped Ivar settle on the practicing camp for archery. Nero had nothing against the sport, but she would rather see the pain in her enemy from up close when she attacked. Her usual hazel eyes reflecting crimson.

Hvitserk looked at her, challenging, opening his arms and she smiled, grabbing an axe. She wouldn't train with knives, things tended to get out of control quickly when she did.

Vit unsheathed his sword and they began clashing weapons.

Her strikes were calculating, yet she bore a smile on her face. The Ragnarsson was focused, his expression cold as he tried to block her countless attempts.

When fighting they were raw to their opponents, Hvitserk watched all her movements, trying to predict what was next, but having trained with Floki, the wolf was anything but predictable.

Ivar's eyes didn't leave the girl, not for a mere moment. His breath caught in his throat every time his brother's weapon got anywhere close to the girl. His hands itched around his bow, arrow ready to pierce through his own kin if he injured Nero even in the slightest.

Sigurd and Ubbe engaged in a fight next to the two, distracting Ivar from his warrior.

The Ragnarsson who fought with the wolf wouldn't lie, he knew she was a better fighter than him. He knew she was a better fighter than most of his brothers. She was mad, and that's what excited him to no end, Vit could never be bored around her.

He had tactic but she had passion, her eyes blazed with excitement when Vit finally managed to get some leverage, she bit her lip in concentration, the second that she did so was enough for him to lose focus and for her to be smirking with her axe on his neck.

"Gunnolf wins yet again," she teased, chuckling, he smiled at her before ducking under her weapon and grabbing the girl's waist, hoisting her over his shoulder, "that does not make you a winner of any sort, Vit."

"Quit bragging, wolf," he laughed, the girl's axe dropping from her hands as he walked around, her weight feeling almost like nothing to him as he had gotten used to such position with her.

With one hand secured around her waist, he grabbed a knife and began target practicing, pretending she wasn't there.

She raised her head to be met by lovely blue, stormy orbs. She didn't realize Vit had brought her this close to Ivar. She rolled her eyes, still annoyed, not at him but at the girl who tried flirting with him, "What is wrong, pup?"

"For one, your brother is a sore loser now he carries me on his back like his shield," Nero explained, trying to do anything but speak to Ivar. She was still partially inebriated and the fact that he was so close to her face wasn't helping. The beauty of his features striking her.

"I carry you because you are my weapon, not shield," Hvitserk reasoned, still throwing knives as she giggled at his sweet words.

"You know that's not what I am talking about," he continued, ignoring his brother's comment, he leaned forward his breath fanning her face. She smirked at their closeness before being awfully reminded that she was annoyed.