✩ chapter VIII, act I ✩

"It's all for you... everything I do. I tell you all the time: "Heaven is a place on Earth with you." Tell me all the things you want to do..."
chapter VIII, act I  𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔

Nero hopped onto the chariot. Completely exhausted from war and her little ordeal with her husband. She sat quietly, unbraiding her hair and hoping Ivar had already settled where they would be sleeping for the night while she tried to catch her breath inside one of the spaces in the empty church.

The Ragnarsson guided the horses towards one of the cabins inside the huge walls they had just conquered. The girl jumped out of the vehicle faster than she thought she could, and quickly enough, she was on the bed, kicking her feet into the air as she eagerly tried to rid herself of her boots.

Groaning, she finally managed, and as she did, Ivar climbed into bed with her. Plopping down next to the wolf and staring at the ceiling, his chest heaving as he smiled softly, it had been yet another great day.

In an unspoken agreement, Ivar ripped off his armor and took off his undershirt, giving it to her, she nodded quietly and kicked off her pants before taking away all her clothing and pulling her husband's shirt over her head.

He grinned at the sight and held her close. Gods, how he was grateful for that woman.

Ubbe and Hvitserk scowled at the small girl in between them

Ubbe and Hvitserk scowled at the small girl in between them. She only chuckled in response, not letting their hands go, soon the men's cheeks were burning red at all the confused stares they were getting, oh no, Vikings were certainly not known for walking around swinging hands.

They wanted to pull away, but in all honesty, they couldn't. The girl's happiness was contagious.

The trio soon approached where the love of the lady's life was supposed to be, but as they did, a group of bulky warriors stepped in front of them, blocking their passage.

Nero's soft expression suddenly turned cold with her abrupt stop. Her dark, wild hair clashed against her face and her hands pulled away from the Lothbroks as she unclasped her axe from its holder on her back.

She was not in the mood to talk. Not with them anyway.

The fighters shifted slightly on their feet at how dangerous she looked. In all truth, she expected such idea from her lover, but blocking her was not something she ever expected.

His brothers? Yes. But his wolf? Never.

The wolf touched the tip of her weapon on one of the shields, pushing it back slightly.

Just as an annoyed groan left her lips at the fact that it was still morning and she would have to fight so early, Ubbe pushed her axe away, standing in between the girl and the shield, "Let us through."

The men pushed further against the trio, ignoring his order. No one, no one disobeys a Ragnarsson.

"Do you know who we are?"