✩ chapter V, act I ✩

"We were both created in chaos, we were both born to destroy. You were like death, and I was like war."
chapter V, act I ✧ 𝒑𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒈𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

"Don't," Nero whined slightly, feeling her pillow move from underneath her. Ivar simply looked at Ubbe and opened his hands, pointing at the sleeping girl that laid on him. His arms unwrapping themselves from around her waist to do so.

The youngest Ragnarsson looked just as reluctant to get off the bed as the girl did.

"Nero, it is my wedding day," Ubbe groaned, using the side of his foot to kick at the girl, who instantly jumped sitting, rubbing her eyes with her hands.

"What?"

"Ubbe and Margarethe are getting married today," Sigurd laughed, forcing his boots to his feet. Nero's eyes widened, oh, Ubbe's and Margarethe's wedding, how important, how worthy of her presence.

She turned to face Ivar, but the simple movement of her neck already made pain radiate from everywhere in her head, she groaned at the hangover, throwing herself back into the bed and pulling Ivar's shoulder so she could hide in his chest, protecting her from the sunlight that came in from the open door of the cabin.

"Get ready," Ubbe ordered, chuckling a little at the girl. How could one be so dangerous and ruthless, yet so cuddly and adorable?

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"PLEASE."

"Now it's just straight-up begging."

"Nero, I spent most of the night chasing after you while you go—"

"Fine! I'll go, but expect me to complain throughout the whole wedding."

Nero stood by Björn, who looked just as displeased as she did

Nero stood by Björn, who looked just as displeased as she did. For a whole different reason, though.

Surprisingly enough to the Ragnarssons, Hvitserk woke up in a good mood, and he even decided to give Margarethe away to Ubbe, making Gunnolf scoff.

"... and may they keep the wolf from the door," she roared with laughter as soon as those words left the mouth of the lady who was joining the couple. Björn quickly elbowed the girl and she instantly shut up, her cheeks burning at the stares she got. Ivar and Sigurd looked her, almost bursting out into laughter themselves.

"May they try" she threatened, her eyes burning into the skull of the bride.

Björn sighed, after seeing that Hvitserk was the one to give Margarethe away to Ubbe, he understood why she had such deep hatred for the girl. He thumped his stick on the ground and she crossed her arms over her chest when the people began clapping.