✩ chapter V, act III ✩

"That was the day the ancient song of blood and war spilled from a hole in the sky."
chapter V, act III  𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒖𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Nero re-braided parts of her hair quietly. After the walk of shame of the previous night, she was ready to do two things, have sex with the first willing person, and kill every single enemy of hers.

Her dark kohl etched into her skin like a tattoo, her eyes as dark as ever. As always, Nero glowed and her face looked more beautiful than ever with each war she took part in.

Odin, she hated the way they were playing games with their prey. But she knew it was the strategy, she knew it was for the best.

She enjoyed the kill, not the chase.

Nobody questioned why the girl decided to fight with the army that was under Harald's command

Nobody questioned why the girl decided to fight with the army that was under Harald's command. She simply couldn't bear being near Ivar nor Hvitserk. Halfdan and his brother began the war. After all the confusion they had caused to their enemies, it was finally time for combat.

They roared into war, the sharp noise of steel against steel and the dull sound of silver clashing over wooden shields echoed through the screams and grunts of men.

Nero seemed to leave her own body at moments like those, her actions were primitive, natural, instinctive.

She lunged at whoever was daring enough to run for her people with no shield, her knife quickly and effortlessly dug into the man's neck as her other hand lifted his body through his chest piece, using him to protect herself.

Someone else was onto her, she dropped the corpse she had been carrying and kicked her new enemy's thighs, aiming her weapon at his face, he fell back and she fell with him her knife digging into his forehead with the strength of the impact.

Nero's eyes caught Björn's in the battle and she ran to him, protecting his back like she had done when she was a child, someone reached for him and she, using one of the fallen bodies, propelled herself up and jumped on the man, bringing him down as her two trusty knives clutched onto each side of his neck, she got up and looked at her prince, "Old habits."

He chuckled at her and looked behind him before crouching, she quickly unclasped her axe and hurled it at the man who neared his back. She laughed and ran after it, pulling it away from the Saxon's neck and quickly swinging it at the man who tried to run past her.

Her eyes roamed the war around her and the scent of blood brought her mind into overdrive, she howled playfully yet so loudly that Halfdan and Harald howled with her. Now, the battle truly started.

The wolf threw her axe into the spine of a man who was rushing for Ubbe, she ran to gather it back, as she did, yet another Christian swung his sword at her, she used the mud to her advantage as she dropped to the ground, sliding underneath his weapon before she got to her feet again, hurling her axe off the corpse and into her attacker's chest.