✩ chapter III, act II ✩

"Hand in unlovable hand."
chapter III, act II ✧ 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉'𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒚𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕

"No," she simply snapped, baring her teeth dangerously at the Christians who were around them, Hvitserk pulled her back, pushing her back onto his chest, her anger quickly became... something else, she turned around to face him.

The corners of her lips pulling up on a smile as she hid her face in his neck, bitting at it.

Two could play his game.

He groaned slightly, his mouth opened to reprehend her but Floki beat him to it, "See how well treachery pays off, Björn?"

"Don't do anything stupid, Floki," the prince warned, his eyes trailing down to the spear that stopped him.

"I've never done anything stupid in my life. But I am contemplating whether dying would be better than dealing with this scum," he barked his every word, annoyance and anger clear in his tone.

He wasn't entirely sure if he was mad because of the treason, or because such treason broke Ragnar.

Nero, looking at the spears close to her father and prince, lunged forward standing in between the two, slightly behind as Hvitserk still pulled her back, his hands on her shoulders, trying to make her understand that any move, was a bad move, "Nero, calm down."

She wouldn't calm down, she refused to calm down in front of someone who betrayed their gods, their trust, their love and their king. She gagged when Rollo stood, speaking a foreign language.

He looked the exact same as the last time she had seen him in war, but this time, he looked even more like a bitch.

Her breath hitched in her throat when he mentioned Floki's and Hvitserk's name, "If he touches you, I swear on Odin I will tear his body apart."

"He won't, wolf," the boy reassured, squeezing her waist. He kissed the top of her head in hopes of calming her down. He tried to contain his smile at her protectiveness.

The spears lifted and Björn stepped towards Rollo, allowing Vit, Nero, and Floki to stand side-by-side, they spoke of something that didn't matter to her as long as she had Vit's warm and discrete embrace around her.

But when the new-found Christian pointed to the lady on the throne, she had to hold back her need to laugh, "Father, is that what they call a queen here?"

In her mind, queens were ones like Lagertha and Helga, ones that fought amongst men and that had scars one couldn't count on their fingers. That woman looked like a doll, but then again, so did Ragnar's brother.

Her father giggled quietly at her bickering. Both Björn and Rollo spoke, but when the older man ripped the map from Ironside's hands, the Vikings lunged forward.

The Christians held them back, pulling Floki into a chokehold. Nero that was in the middle was left untouched by the guards. Her eyes became as dark as night as her pupils contracted.

She stepped forward, her face centimeters away from the guard's, "Do not touch him," she snarled, her voice filled with hatred, such strength and menace behind it that even when the guard understood nothing of what she said, he still allowed Floki to leave his hold.

"And you've brought your war puppy," Rollo taunted, his guards stripping the Vikings off of any weapons.

Hvitserk held Nero back, he feared for his uncle if he allowed her to simply rage, though he couldn't say he wasn't mad that the older man had called his girl 'puppy'.