✩ work song ✩

𝒏𝒐 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒘𝒍 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒓...

"Divinity will stain your fingers and mouth like a pomegranate. It will swallow you whole and spit you out, wine-dark and wanting. 

You will reach for it again and again, greedy human fingers clutching at everything you can reach. 

The divine will curl its way through your veins and take you over, and it will not leave you quietly.

I feel divinity in my bones like aching. Like fire."

The beginning of all mature content will be tagged: ⓲

Aight, let's discuss...

Alcohol: It is known Vikings were extremely into social and casual drinking. Please don't judge the OC for being so into it. Friendly reminder that she is not, nor will ever be perfect. This is not the story for you if you want a perfect OC.
Sex: The show already has a great display of mature scenes! So please, if you are even watching Vikings, you should be overage. But yeah, I know, many of you like to be rebels, so please, try not to squirm or comment childish things. Vikings are horny and cruel, please understand.
Religion: OC was raised by Floki, you should expect this to be extremely related to Nordic Mythology and Heathen/Asatru beliefs. The gods will also have a great role in this fic!
Name changes: Sorry for changing the OC's name from Runna to Nero. Thing is, it occurred to me that the name "Runna" is not historically accurate, and though Nero is rare, it was indeed used!

This book used to be called Scary Love. Due to personal reasons, I had to change the titles of all my books as well as my own username, from lovelypaws to cashmeresheep. I hope you enjoy this fic!

 I hope you enjoy this fic!

Author-chan here. At the light of recent events, I, from the bottom of my heart, feel like everyone who has a platform, regardless of how small or huge their reach may be, should speak out for what is right.

I am very privileged. I will never understand or experience the pain, the struggles, the frustrations, that minorities live through daily. But I stand with you. And I will keep on standing with you. And with my privilege, I will do my best to fight for your rights until my privilege is destroyed, until privilege no longer exists.

An overwhelming desire to escape reality always sits at the bottom of my stomach, and as much as it is the reason I write, it is also sickening. I am tired of living in a world where people are treated as less because of their skin color, their gender, their sexuality, their religion. I am tired of living in a world where governments overlook famine, poverty, pain, suffering.

This is a call for all of those who read my works for the same reason why I write them. Reality is loveless, overwhelming, harsh, complicated, scary, and unsuitable for many. The world seems so dark right now, and we are facing difficult times, but hey... we can get through this, together.

We can shape a reality that we don't want to escape from. We can create a world that is lovely for all of us.

If you made it this far... thank you for 'hearing' me out. You're loved. Everything about you is special, let us stand by each other and celebrate our differences, let us stand for each other and create a better world. I believe in you. I believe in us.

Black Lives Matter, I hear you, I stand with you. Please check out the link in my bio for ways you can help the movement from anywhere on the planet. Thank you.

I do not own Vikings

I do not own Vikings. All rights fully go to History. I, however, do own the OC, Nero Gunnolf, and the additions to the original plotline I've made.