Chapter 30

I stand up and wait for him to fully wake up and get his focus back

I stand up and wait for him to fully wake up and get his focus back. When he does, he starts to hurl all the bad word he ever heard. He sounds like he's feeling betrayed. He really is a stupid little fucker. Did he actually expect me to join their little club of misfits after the shit he pulled? Damn it, no wonder they didn't manage to find Lana for so long, morons. Well, who would join some stupid ass fucked up cult in the first place?

When he's finally done with shouting insults at me, he starts with the pleading and I'm more and more bored. Why I even wait this time? There is only one thing I need to know from him. The address the bitch is with Wade.

"Shut up, you stupid idiot. I thought you said you saw how this works. You know you're gonna die. But damn, have some balls."

That shut him up right away. For a second. "No, you can't! You promised!"

"I didn't promise you shit! Now there are two ways this can go. One, you tell me the address, you die quickly. Two, I'll have to get it out of you, which I will, by the way, and you die slowly and painfully. Your pick."

"What? What address?"

"The address where I find Wade you stupid prick." I tap his thick skull with my fingers. "Pay attention, it's the only thing I've been asking since I got here for Christ's sake. How stupid are you exactly?" Paul's eyes suddenly slide behind me. He opens his mouth but I punch him before he says anything. "Okay, I take it you are choosing the option number two," I grunt and take out my knife.

"No! No, I'll tell you! They are in a motel. God, what's the name?" His eyes keeps shifting left and right nervously, as he tries to remember. "Blue Swallow Motel! Yes, that's the name. It's on the route 48, to the north."

"Fuck, you really are one pathetic shit! Scared of knives, are we? I find that a little hypocritical." I'm saying as I search his pockets for his phone. I find it in one of his back pockets. Opening the messages, there's one from Emma. It's saying, 'Done, Little A'Le'Inn, room 207, route 48, south.' Bingo! I could have done that sooner but what would be fun in that.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, hypocrite and a liar. I really can't say it was a pleasure to meet you." I slowly bury the knife to his stomach. He starts screaming soon enough and cut his belly open, the gravity does its magic and his guts spill out. It's over very soon after that. I didn't even enjoy this one. They pissed me off too much for that. Suddenly there is a noise behind me. Oh, crap! Lana! I look at her only to see her turn around and throw up. Fuck! I rush to her and try to help her, but she swats my hand away. So I just sit by her and wait, till she's done. When she is, I hand her the beer, and she takes it, glancing at me briefly then uses it to rinse her mouth. When she's done with that too, she makes a move as if to turn from the mess she made, but I catch her arm and stop her so she wouldn't look at Paul's insides hanging out again.

"Come on, let's go get Wade." I urge her to move with me, to get her out of here. I'll take care of Paul's body later, I'll be back soon enough with his friend anyway. Lana moves with me, she seems a little dazed, but she moves. She gets inside the truck and I close the door for her, then go around to get in too and to start it. The sooner I'll have Wade the better. We can talk it out later, I'll tell her whatever she'll want. But Wade first.

When we got to the motel I look where the room 207 is. It's one of the rooms in the back. I can see her reasoning, but right now, I'm gonna profit from it. Stupid bitch! I leave Lana in the car as she seems to be still in some kind of shock and go check the room. It's completely silent so I pull out Paul's phone and send a text. 'I'm here' and wait. The response is almost immediate 'be right there' that's all I need to know. I break down the door. Yeah, didn't intend to hurt your brother my ass. There is Wade, tied up in the chair, with a bloody head. At least he's awake. I push the door so it seems close, then take the rug out of his mouth and start cutting his ties.

"Fucking whore!" Is the first thing that leaves his mouth.

"You don't know half of it. Come on, let's go. Do you know where she went?"

"I have no fucking idea, the bitch smashed my head and that's all I know. I woke up in an empty room-"

"-Fuck" I hear a woman's voice whisper behind me. But before I even turn around, Wade is lunging at her. He obviously isn't above hitting woman, and he's as much pissed as I am. In time I make the whole turn, she's on the ground, not moving, bleeding from the mouth. I study her for a moment and she doesn't seem to be breathing either.

"I think she's dead, I guess you hit her a little too hard."

"Oh yeah? Well, whatever! She wanted to play with big boys. There she goes," he says after spitting on the ground.

"We have to move her. I'll bring the truck. We'll put her under the cover on the bed. Then I'll take you and Lana to your house and you wait for me while I go get rid of her and that fucker."

"Who?" Wade looks at me confused.

"I'll tell you details later, but in short, this bitch had an asshole friend Paul, does the name ring a bell? Black Impala?" I can see the second it clicks in his head. "Well she got you, and he got Lana today, he had her ex ready too, what for? That I'll tell you later. The good news is, that you are alright, and they are dead. The bad news is, Lana now knows everything and I'm not sure how she's handling it. She talked to me in the woods, and she seemed okay, but then she saw me kill Paul and kinda shot down on me. So I need you to look after her. And be nice."

"I'm always nice to her!" Wade says, sounding offended. "Go get the truck, we have to be moving this party."

And that's what I did. The place is deserted so we could maybe even leave her here, but why risk it. I back the truck up to the room and we quickly put her body in the back. We get in and when Lana sees Wade I see her react for the first time since we left the woods. She turns to him.

"Hey Wade, I'm glad you're okay," she whispers.

"Hey sweetheart, I'm glad to see you too," he tells her and pulls her in for a hug, where she stays for the rest of the ride to his place. Before they get out Wade looks at me over her head and gives me a little wink. Yeah, I think she'll be okay too.

I'm almost out of the town when I see a police car behind me, signaling for me to pull over. I have the bed covered, so I do just that.

"Good evening may I see your license, proof of insurance and registration please?"

I pass it to him and wait. He goes back to his car to run it through the system I guess. He doesn't look at all concerned, routine traffic stop, that's what this is. So far so good and I'll be gone soon enough. The cop comes back a few minutes later, handing the documents back to me.

"Thank you." But then he looks at me again, his eyes zoomed on something on my shirt. My shirt! Fuck! I didn't change. Suddenly there is a gun in his hand. "Will you please step out of the vehicle? Put your hands where I can see them. Put 'em on the hood."

He then moves the cover and looks in the bed of the truck. I know exactly what he sees. I'm fucked!

"Oh my God! Get on your knees, right now! Down! Put your hands where I can see them!"

Fuck!

THE END

I hope you enjoyed the ride

I hope you enjoyed the ride. If you did, feel welcome to push that little star to let me know, or better yet, leave me a comment ;)