Chapter 1

I got home from school on my bus like usual. I also waited for my best friend Paige to text me.

"Hey" She texted. "Can I come over?"

"Sure."

She came at least once a week after school, and sometimes I went over there. I didn't even have to ask my parents anymore, she was like family.

The doorbell rang. It was Paige!

I ran over to the door before my mom could and I opened it.

"Hey Paige." I said.

"Hey Monica."

We went upstairs to my room.

First, we sat on my bed and we talked about our usual girl gossip. Then my mom offered us some food. After that, we went on my laptop.

I logged into Facebook. We did the usual, we scrolled through my newsfeed, and then we went on people's profiles and looked through their posts and pictures.

We were looking at a guy with long hair, he looked exactly like Beck from Victorious.

"He's so hot." she said.

"I know." I said, "he's gorgeous."

"Does he go to your school?"

"He used to be an 8th grader when I was in 6th grade, but now he's in 10th grade and he rode my bus."

Paige and I lived close to each other, but the side my house is on they go to East Middle School and Paige lives on the other side where they all go to West Middle School.

"Hey , Monica , look." she pointed to the little friend request icon. There was a new friend request.

"I wonder who tried adding me." I said. I clicked on it.

"Some guy named Andrew King" I told her. "I don't know him."

"Click on his profile."

I clicked on it. His profile picture was heavily edited and filtered, but he was pretty good looking. It said that he went to Troy High School, which was the school Paige and I would be going to next year.

We couldn't see anymore information.

"I don't think you should add him, you don't even know him." she said. "Something about this guy looks a little off."

"Yeah, you're right." I declined the request.