Chapter 18

I logged onto Facebook that night and I got a message from Andrew.

Andrew: I am so sorry I couldn't make it to the dance, something came up. I hope you're not mad at me. :(

At least he apologized. It was still weird that he said he didn't have plans, yet he couldn't come. I just thought of letting it go, but that was still very strange.

Monica: It's fine, really, I just thought you wanted to meet me finally...

Andrew: I still do, trust me, it's just that I had a thing with the band today that I completely forgot about, I'm so sorry.

Monica: It's fine, I forgive you. :)

Maybe he just forgot, I'm not going to be mean, I would've been way too nervous to meet him anyways. It was still pretty weird.

Later that night, I saw that he got tagged in a few photos from his friend. He was one of the band guys. One picture is blurry, and all the guys are at KFC. That's weird, I thought he had a band thing. There were more pictures of them throwing chicken, and then more pictures showed them getting kicked out. They were so blurry, I could barely see Andrew's face. I guess he called it a band thing because all his band members were with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I was hanging out with Jonesy and Timmy again. We were eating ice cream from the ice cream truck.

"So, I have a crush on Andrew King." I told them.

Timmy still didn't know who he was.

"How do you like him?!" he said, "you can't like him, you just can't!"

"And why not?" I said.

He didn't say a word.

"I have to go do homework." He said, he got up and left me and Timmy all alone.

We talked for a while, then we both went home.