Chapter 16

The next day, I found out the best and funniest thing ever. Steve has a girlfriend. That poor girl. His new girlfriend is a girl named Haley. I really feel bad for her. He treats girls like trash. I'm so relieved I didn't get back together with him.

At lunch, all my friends talked about it.

"He's such a player." said Samantha, one of my friends.

"His goal is to date or at least kiss every single girl in this entire school." said Bianca, another one of my friends.

"Good thing you didn't go back out with him." said Morgan, "he probably would've broken up with you soon to get revenge when you broke up with him."

"I know, I feel I did the right thing." I said, "anyways, are you guys going to the Valentines Dance? It's this Friday, and they're selling tickets all week."

"Yeah, we're going." they all said.

"I'm buying my ticket the day before." said Morgan.

"I will too then." I said, "hey do you know if they allow visitors from other schools?"

"Why? To bring your crush?" asked Morgan.

"No, my best friend Paige, she lives near me but doesn't go to our school." I said.

"Oh ok." said Morgan.

"Who's your crush?" asked Samantha.

"Just a boy at Troy High, you wouldn't know him." I said. Once again, I felt my face getting hot.