cinq

"so you basically need a job?" hoseok asked after taking a sip from his coffee, his other hand placing a plate of freshly cooked pancakes in front of jeongguk.

the younger nodded, the smell of blueberries on top of the cakes made his mouth water. surely, he wouldn't expect for breakfast like this at the kims'. considering the fact that namjoon could totally burn the house down with just one wrong move of a hand and taehyung barely even gets out of bed; they're pretty hopeless.

"tough favor, my little one." hoseok placed the plate of his own on his side before sitting down. "i may have a few in mind but i'm not really free this day."

jeongguk shook his head, chewing on a mouthful. "it's no problem, hyung. you don't need to worry about me."

hoseok chuckled. jeongguk passed the bottle of maple syrup over as the older then enjoyed the taste of his own cooking. the scent of melted butter invaded his nose that only made him crave for more.

there was a small thud upstairs that caught the younger's attention. hoseok gave no mind. he was used to his roommate waking up while nearly thrashing the whole apartment after a night out. he still worries though.

the thud was followed with a bang, then a long groan. jeongguk decided it was best if he'll just eat than to pay attention to the awakening of a certain blonde boy. 

"morning, chim chimmy." the blonde squinted his eyes, blinded by the sudden light. the oldest stood up to get another plate of pancakes he already prepared.

grey sheets covered park jimin. his hair was a mess, sticking to every direction possible. the drool on the side of his plump lips made jeongguk stifle a laugh. the boy's cold feet was covered in blue fluffy slippers, his hand scratching his other eye.

even after waking up, park jimin looks so beautiful.

hoseok shoved the plate to jimin's unprepared hands. if he was not flexible enough, the plate would be already shattered on the ground with three tier of pancakes wasted. "eat up."

jimin made his way to his seat, which was across jeongguk. he tried his best not to engage even in the shortest eye contact with the boy. even if there was a fog on his memories, he could remember the things that they talked about clearly.

"here's some aspirin for the head ache you sure have." the oldest slipped some pills near the blonde's plate and placed a glass of water afterwards. hoseok beamed at the sleepy boy, as the youngest stared at the two. "how are you feeling?"

"wasted." through the harsh throbbing of his head, jimin managed to attack.

"thought so." jeongguk already finished his food, but hoseok seems to be more aware of the appetite of the younger that he already placed another one as a replacement. the youngest just stared in awe. the oldest just smiled.

they continued to eat in silence. it was a normal day for jung hoseok, eating on a small table with jimin along with his new roommate. but it wasn't for the blonde.

he was there. eating with the sunshine of a best friend he has, and with some stranger that invaded his private sex life with his boyfriend. if it wasn't for the delicious pancake and hoseok's kindness, today was one of jimin's awful days.

"so, i'll go out early today." jimin looked up from his food. he caught a glimpse of jeongguk staring at him, who immediately looked away. "the studio has a few new students so i'll be working hard today. thoughts?"

"that's great, i guess." the lack of enthusiasm made jeongguk amused. hoseok didn't seem to notice, typical jimin. "at least you're doing what you want. i'll probably be back in a few days."