|| Chapter Two - Devon Is Trouble ||

Apart from the interesting event I stumbled upon earlier, nothing else remotely remarkable has happened. Class flew by, a few people noticed me to be new but apart from that I presumed my cover was fairly decent.

Lunch was something I yearned for throughout my whole day. I enjoyed eating, eating was fun, eating was relaxing, eating was-

"Aria! Earth to Aria Davidson!" I flinched back when I noticed the hand waving in front of my face, Jodi shook her head, "Damn, for a pretty girl you sure do lose your head sometimes... where'd you go then?" She teased.

A soft chuckle escaped my lips, soon I was joined by the others on the table. Jodi had introduced me to them all, including the boy I'd seen earlier - Harrison. Harrison was surprisingly welcoming considering what I had been met with earlier, he smiled and engaged in conversation. Nice kid.

Then there was Kat, she was probably the most bubbly girl I'd ever met, everything about her seemed to glow, from her long auburn hair to her bright green eyes. She was a fire cracker. Kat sat close to Meghan, Meghan seemed ok, she didn't really speak. Her long blonde hair had multiple different coloured tips, it sort of reminded me of the Mcfly song.

Then there were the loud, obnoxious boys. Ace, Parker and Joe. Joe is Jodi's twin brother but they were polar opposites personality wise. They looked the same though, curly black hair, deep grey eyes and flatteringly deep dimples.
Ace was very similar to Harrison and Parker was your typical tall, dark and handsome. His manners however, they gave me disgust.

"Truthfully, it's a blessing that a girl is here, I have to say..." Parker began, "Yo, Ace, don't you agree that girls are like, gods gift to the world?" Jodi rolled her eyes, entertaining herself with Harrison who still seemed rather off. I don't blame him, the threats he received this morning... especially to his girlfriend. I wonder if he's told her.

Apparently there is still one more guy to join us. I was warned not to sit in the seat to the left of me, apparently he's really possessive. I hadn't seen the guy from earlier, I presumed he was some sort of older kid who'd broke in. It was a shame that Harrison appeared to be involved in some risky business.

Kat grabbed my arm, "Look to your left, see that guy coming into the room, that's Devon." I turned my head and gasped, it was the guy from earlier, "I'm just warning you, he's bad bad news. He will not miss the fact that you're sitting here... don't worry, he won't try anything just don't speak to him. Let him speak to you." I smiled gratefully at her, she squeezed my arm once more before letting go.

Now that I had a full view of him, I was blown away. He was broad shouldered, the tattoo I noticed earlier stretched along the front of his neck and disappeared under his shirt. His hazel hair was shaved at the sides and totally unkempt at the top, his cheeks were sunken and his eyes were dark - as if he hadn't slept. His eyes... they were almost black, it was that intense look that made him so spellbinding.

Lost in my trance, his eyes flicked to mine and his expression darkened. I swallowed and turned away, Jodi was giving me an almost sympathetic look. Didn't do wonders for my fear factor.

Kat chimes in, "So Aria, how has your first day been?" I turned to her, feeling the bench dip beside me, I didn't miss the way he was burning his gaze into me. Kat carried on, "I presume you aren't wanting to leave just yet?" She giggled.

My heart was thudding in my chest, "No." I breathed, "It's been fine so far." I continued to divert all my attention to Kat, praying that he didn't try to talk to me. My method of defence was about to go down in flames.

"Aria..." I heard from beside me. I turned my head and looked at Devon. He had a silver nose ring in his right nostril and a silver bar going through a scar in his eyebrow. Devon cleared his throat, "Aria is you, right?" He said bluntly.

I nodded, "Yes."

He smirked, nodding his head slowly, "Pretty name." He added, running his tongue along his lower lip, I could've melted. "If you don't mind me asking... why are you here Aria?" He didn't seem interested at all, it appeared as though he was trying to find a crack in my exterior.

My heart skipped a beat as I replied, "Moved house, new school." Was my simple answer, she didn't need to know anymore.

Devon squinted his eyes slightly, sighing, "Did you move house, or neighbourhood?." He pushed, grinning at me as I looked dumbfounded.

Jodi intervened, "Devon, it hardly matters where she came fro-"

"Shut. Up." He said slowly, popping the "p".

Jodi sank back into her seat, shooting him a glare. I would've laughed, had Devon not been gazing so intensely at me. It made me wonder if he was aware that I heard him this morning, understood - to some extent - what a horrible guy he is. A horrible, prepossessing, captivating guy.

He took off the rustic black band on his thumb and twisted it between his fingers, "You see... I didn't know of a Aria-" he thought for my last name, surveying me.

"Aria Davidson." Meghan stated, smirking at me, "and you're right Dev-"

"Devon." He spat at her.

Meghan rolled her eyes, "Devon," She mimed, "She isn't from this neighbourhood, as a matter of fact... she is from where the GD's hold up." Devon shot his head towards her, a shadow floating over his already dark face.

He chewed on his bottom lip and lowered his gaze to the ring in his hands, "So you come from up north then." He wasn't looking for an answer, "very interesting. Tell me, did you have any relations to any of the Kingsley family?" Instantly names flashed through my mind. A name.

Isaac Kingsley. The devil himself. You could've unleashed hell onto that guy and he would walk out of it brushing some dirt off his shoulder.

However, despite his sudden interest and my curiosity as to why, I declined, "No, why?" Everyone on the table sucked in a breath. Devon merely glaring at me.

"Why..." He seethed, "Are you questioning me?" He spat.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"N-no I was just-"

I was cut off by the bell. My body instinctively jumped from the table as if it'd burnt me and I headed for my class. Gym.

The same comment whirring around in my mind over and over again, did you have any relations with anyone from the Kingsley family?

Kingsley Family.

Yay, another excruciatingly long chapter. 1148 to be exact, however you have now officially met Devon. Please, feel free to leave your opinions on him, I personally LOVE him but then again he is my character...

Link to my other story 🔗: ⬇️
   https://my.w.tt/UiNb/bmetkPfFuJ

   // ©️ // ®️ //