|| Chapter Twenty-Four - Manipulated||

Anonymous POV:

Devon and Aria were safe. They were locked away in the infirmary. I doubt Devon will forgive us anytime soon for locking the door and trapping him - I just hoped for their sake that nobody gets past our defence.

I rested my hand on the waistline of my pants, curling two fingers around the gun as I paced the hallways surrounding the infirmary.

   My phone buzzed with the signal "10-10". I cursed under my breath and tried to find the nearest window - sure enough, a fight in progress. I closed my eyes for a moment until my phone buzzed once again - "10-18". Random attack.

   Random my arse.

   This was calculated.

   I backed away from the window and turned the corner, pushing myself up against the wall as the sound of voices filled the hallway. Hushed Male voices.

   In amongst them a female voice... a female voice I knew all too well. Victoria. I ground my teeth and slowly crept up the hallway in the direction of the room occupied by Aria and Devon. The lock would take time to undo, time I don't think I have.

Stationing myself in a position with a view of the door would be my best bet, I placed myself by the arch and narrowed my eyes, trying to focus on the voices. I heard faint shuffling from inside the room - Devon knows. At least he's got enough about him to protect himself and Aria. Even from within a locked room.

Suddenly, the barrel of a gun came into my eye-line and I raised my own. A hand wrapped around my mouth, my gun was kicked from my hands and I was held in a headlock.

I flinched as three shots sounded, each one through the doorway and into Devon's room. My stomach turned, carefully positioned bullets... they were shooting to kill.

Something cold and sharp dug into my quad muscle on my leg, I screamed out against the pain, the sound muffled by the hand covering my mouth. I can't run like this. I can't get away. Tactile move.

The pain seared up my leg, a warm sensation swiftly following, the sickly feeling of blood trickling down my leg and into my shoe made me dizzy. I wasn't stupid enough to fight, but if they were planning on killing me - they'd have done it.

No. Whoever is holding me wants me to see this. They want me to see my leader die.

   Two men. Paul and Trent. Disgusting men. Barged through the doorway, I could see Aria and Devon huddled in the corner. A bitter tasted filled my mouth as the word "lovebirds" filled my ears, I bristled against the person behind me and the harsh, sandpaper sound that came from them told me who it was. Victoria.

   "Don't tell me she's got you smitten too?" She growled, pressing her fingers into my leg, I grunted against her hand, my eyes still fixed on my leader and Aria... god forbid if I watched them die...

"This is war..." one of them growled, Devon's reply was dripping with sarcasm and hope spiralled up inside me, these men who tortured Devon for years on end - made him do the unthinkable to V-

   One bang. Trent fell down.

   Another bang. Paul fell.

Victoria hissed against my ear, I felt her shuffle and swallowed hard. She brought my own elbow down on my ribs, a crack sounded. I screamed, a muffled scream. Devon and Aria didn't see, hear... nor seem to care. She was too busy caressing his hair in her lap.

My gun, if I kicked it hard enough, she'd hear, Devon would hear, they'd know I was there.

I ground my teeth and moved my wounded leg, kicking out for the gun, trying to get a strong enough swing that it'd clatter against a wall, signal Harrison maybe? Someone.

"Don't. You. Dare." Victoria hissed, dragging me away down the hall and into a small side hallway, "You're going to do something for me, and if you don't - the bitches mother dies."

"I know how it feels, seeing them together... Isaac is smitten with her, her not me. So is Devon. Devon is all I want... despite everything." I could've sworn I saw pain flash through her eyes - real, human pain - "so here's what I need you to do..."

I. Had. No. Choice.

OooooooooOoOooOoOH.
Just been updated that this story is #167 in the category: emily? Strange 😂

©️//®️