|| Chapter-Fourty - Fester||

Isaac sat down on the bed and gave me a small smile, "I had it remade a few days after the winter formal but-" he waved a hand through the air and huffed a laugh, "-you broke up with me before I could give it back to you." his lost-puppy voice left a sour taste in my mouth.

Isaac was not a fool, he knew just as well as I did why I broke up with him. He was cruel, not cruel to be kind but cruel for the sake of being cruel. You can't blame a child for their family, but your moral compass is your own... he could have gone his own way as soon as he was old enough to think for himself - but he didn't. Isaac enjoyed this sick, twisted torture.

I brushed my fingers over the fabric of the skirt and closed my eyes against the memories, now was not the time to be manipulated by his mind games - I knew what he was trying to do, by putting me in this room, by showing me this dress...

He knew what memory I was going to bring up, he'd prepared for every eventuality.

"Yeah." was all I offered. Isaac's smile turned sour.

He got to his feet and took a few steps towards me, "Do you... do you not appreciate it? I thought you liked that dress." he clutched the hem of his shirt tightly until his knuckles turned white, "-you don't sound like you appreciate what I've done for you."

I didn't want to bite my tongue. He wouldn't hurt me, I realised. In his own fucked up way he was in love with me - and if he hurt me, he'd never forgive himself, Isaac hated nothing more than feeling guilty. It's easy for him to pretend that he doesn't care for the shit he's done in the past because the people he's hurt mean very little to him... but me? He couldn't fight off the guilt even if he tried.

"Appreciate it? Why would I appreciate anything you do after this? You've kidnapped me, trapped me in a room full of memories that suffocate the fucking life out of me, planted a dress in the wardrobe that reminds me of some of the reasons I don't like you." my voice was quivering. I was scared.

Isaac pursed his lips and shut his eyes, "I was trying to do something nice for you... given the fact that you're here." he moved towards the door but paused and turned to look back at me, "considering you hate it in here so much - for what you just said... you can fester in here until further notice. Fuck you, Aria." he spat and slammed the door behind him.

I paused for a moment and let out a long shaky breath, when I checked, Meghan and Parker were still standing in exactly the same positions they were earlier.

If everything in this room was the same, then my diary should be where I always used to leave it - I dug it out from deep under my bed and started flicking through the pages, the handwriting wasn't mine but the words were.

I swallowed down my unease and began reading the entries about mine and my dads days out together when my mom was too lost in her work to spend time with us. Despite my tears, I smiled.

And I drifted off to sleep, just like that.

Sorry it's a little short.

©️//®️