(2) warm eyes

(1st Edit: 12.18.18)

I start to shake and cry but I hold off my fathers attempts to calm me. I sit there crying and folding in on myself, leaning against the back of the couch. for over half an hour stayed like that, knowing it was tearing my father to shreds. If I didn't know better I'd say I'm his only weakness now. 

Taking one shaky breath and say in a soft voice "I'm sorry papa, I'm supposed to be strong like your men now but here I am sitting here crying like a baby." 

I look up into my fathers eyes as he shakes his head violently with tears in his eyes. 

"No my angelic Bebita. Do not be mad at your tears, for they speak your innocence. That is all I want for you, to be filled with innocence. Not be a monster like me but for some God damned reason I have to show you everything, break your innocence and show you the truth. Duele como un maldito perro infernal rasgándome el pelo."(It hurts like a fucking infernal dog tearing my hair.) 

He takes a really deep breath and unclenches his fists and holds my hands in his instead. "But it's a sacrifice I must make in order to keep you safe and alive." 

I take a deep breath and sigh but nod my head in agreement. I need to know who I really am and I need to accept it and role with it. suddenly a question pops into my head. 

"Papa, is Marco my actual Tio?" Dad laughs.

"I tell you all this and you ask such a simple question?" I shrug. 

"No, he isn't your blood uncle but he is still your uncle nonetheless. He is my second in command and has been a brother to me since we were both born into this life together." I nod my head just as Marco opens the door, sticks his head in and smiles.

"I see the crying has stopped. have you decided to stay, live and train with us savage beasts?"I look at my dad and he just smiles.

I stand up like a bullet and race across the room to Marc and throw myself into his arms for a tight hug. I pull back and slap his shoulder.

"Why in God's name hasn't anyone told me this sooner?!" I demand as they both burst out laughing. 

Tio Marco catches his breath first and rubs his shoulders. "Yep she'll fit right in. She has her mothers feistiness. We'll make a nice warrior out of you yet."

Now I start to laugh until the lady I bumped into in the foyer shows up at the open door and says "Demitry, Marco and Amelia, estimado es hora de la cena. venire y comer."(Dear it's dinner time. come and eat). 

She smiles and leaves the room. I look at my dad and Marc as they talk about how Mina works too hard for her age. So Mina is her name, got it. 

I turn to both of them and they stop talking to listen to me. 

"You people actually eat food here?" I say seriously thinking this end just a base of operations. 

They burst out laughing again. 

"We do live here Mila. so yes we actually have food here." I can feel my cheeks heating up. 

"Well then... let's go eat." My dad says while smiling like a freaking joker.

X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X~~~~~~~~~~~~X

We enter the dining room and its bustling with commotion. I see Mina serving plates, Tia Isabelle sitting on one end of the end seat. Cousin Lily sitting beside her and three other people I don't know. 

One is a girl around my age and the other two are boys, a little older than me by the looks of their muscle. The boy with short golden brown hair turns around and I'm met with his warm chocolate eyes. I'm at a loss of words. 

He walks up to me and smiles. "Hi, my name is Thomas, but you can call me T for short if it's easier for you." 

He kisses the back of my hand. Now I smile 

"Mmmmm no, I like Thomas better. It suits you, but I'm going to call you fluffs... if thats okay with you." 

He smiles and I swear he's hiding a blush as he says "anything for my princesssa." 

I smile knowing he's referring to me and I blush. "Did you just call me princessa?"

It sounded like heavens bells were ringing as he said it again, "Si, mi princessa."  

Just then the other boy, accompanied by the girl walk up to Thomas and I. This boy is the complete opposite of fluffs. He has black hair and blue eyes. 

"Hello Amelia, my name is Xavier and this little jem here is Camilla." 

I look at Camilla and realize that she looks like Thomas, right down to the eyes. Her eyes aren't brown, they're candy apple green. 

"Hi Camilla, its very nice to meet a girl my age that isn't related to me." I say smiling, which she returns with her own. 

"Yes it is really nice." I turn to Xavier. 

"It's very nice to meet you too." He smiles and nods with looking behind me.

I turn around and see Thomas looking at me with his warm eyes, but I can see a little fire raging in them. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside but also a little scared. 

"Mila, aren't you going to come over here and eat?"

I know its my father without even having to look up, so I reply "yep, we'll be right there."

My new friends and I nod in agreement and take our seats. The only thought running through my head as we eat is what did the fire in Thomas' eyes mean?