(5) Where the fun starts

(1st edit: 12.18.18)

I wake up to the sound of a man screaming. I sit upright like an arrow on crack. Suddenly I'm pulled into a strong embrace by none other than Thomas. 

"Shhhhh its none of our men. I assure you that princessa. Deja que tu mente descanse en Paz.(Let your mind rest in Peace)" 

I sigh almost relaxing, but my mind races with questions and heart beats faster with each scream he man gives. 

"Who is it then!? Who is he Thomas?!" I scream and tear down the stairs towards the basement where the screams are coming from. 

Thomas is following me, calling my name and telling people to stop me. I push past people and open a door where the man is screaming and being held. The scene in front of me is horrifying. The man is strapped to a chair.

He has no more finger nails on his hands or feet, he has a gash on his forehead the size of fist and his shoulder is bleeding from most likely a gun shot wound. All the while my father is running him through with a twisted blade white handled dagger. Over and over again he runs him through or just cuts him.

I stop dead in my tracks and start screaming bloody murder. I scream for a good five minutes before the slashing stop and my dad turns to look into my red puffy eyes. The scary part is I don't see my fathers green eyes looking back at me. Instead I see the black pits of a mad man with a thirst for blood.

I stutter and shake as I scream 

"Leave him alone! You aren't my father! You're a mad man!" 

I try to reach for the man but someone grabs me from behind and hauls me away from the man in the chair. 

"Get her out of here!" Yells my dad in his angriest voice yet. 

"Conseguir salir de aqui!(Get out of here!)"

His eyes are pure fire as some man behind mutters.

"Si jefe(yes boss)." 

He then pulls me out of the room while someone else closes the doors behind us. The man releases and I run. I run ad run and run having to getup. I run for the meadow, to the only place I feel safe right now. I can hear someone running after me, saying my name. 

But I keep running. I keep running till the person catches up with me. He pulls me towards him and falls on his back, never letting me go. 

"Shhhh esta bien. Amelia respiro! No esta's respirando ángel, te necesito para respirar para mi.(it's okay. Amelia breathe! You're not breathing angel, I need you to breathe for me)" 

I know its Thomas.

 I knew I have to breath but I just can't. I'm stuck in my own body. I can't move and I can't breath. 

"Princessa, ángel. Te necsito para respirar. Vienen de bebita, te necsito(princessa, angel. I need you to breathe. They come on baby, I need you). I need my avenging angel." 

That breaks me out of it but not in enough time. Before I knew it I'm blacking out.

X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X

I wake up in my room with no one in it but me, or so thought. I open my eyes and look around to see a man I don't know standing at my window with his back to me. I have to give him credit though, he's in a suit. A nice suit at that. I go to reach for the glock my dad insisted be put under my pillow, but its not there.

"You didn't think I'd leave the pistol where you could easily shoot me in the back of the head now did you? Do I look that stupid to you?" He asks and I swiftly reply like I was taught. 

"No, you don't strike me as stupid. Not exactly anyways." He chuckles and slowly turns around smiling. 

"Good to know, now, I'm Martino. I'm here to watch over you till Thomas gets back." 

So this is the infamous Martino?

"Hmmmm, I thought you'd be.... I don't know.... bigger?"  He laughs

"I might not be as big but I can still shoot with my eyes closed. Anything that moves, won't after I'm done with it."

He puts down his glass and walks over to my bed and sits on the edge. 

"So you're Demitry's daughter?" He eyes me up and down 

"Si, I am." I say matter of factly. 

My father is still in my bad book at the moment. 

"Why? Don't like what you see?" I ask, my face deadpan. 

He smirks "No, whats not to like? An innocent little girl like you? Thomas claimed the jackpot." 

I almost blush, almost. Nobody calls me little girl. Not now, not ever. I sigh and roll my eyes at him.

"Awe thats cute. You think you can call me little girl just because I'm smaller than you?" I shake my head. 

"Nobody calls me little girl. No one. Got it?" 

Martino looks almost surprised, just what I was aiming for. 

"Okay, whatever you say princessa." I narrow my eyes as he laughs. 

THIS MEANS WAR!

X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X~~~~~~~~~~~~~X

Eventually I crawl back into bed thinking of ways to win this war with Martino. Turns out thinking up battle plans really tires a girl out. The next thing I know, Im waking up to being pulled into someone who's sleeping beside me, chest bare.

At first I think its maybe Martino, but then I take a deep breath and smell a familiar scent of burning cedar wood and fresh pine. A scent that only Thomas wears. Knowing this now I cuddle closer to him and feel him slightly laugh. 

"I was wondering how long it would take you to realize its me." 

I sigh, smile and turn in his arms to se his smiling face. 

"Thanks for the vote of confidence comrade." I say shyly. 

He kisses my nose. 

"Sorry I was away all of yesterday love. It was a big job and this one guy would not leave this girl alone. Even if it was her job, she was on break for christ sake!" 

I suck in a deep breath. 

"Wait, what kind of job was she doing? Thomas...where were you yesterday?" 

He sighs

"She's a prostitute and I was at a sex bar." 

I try to hold back my tears as turn my head away from his gaze. 

"So you left me for a bunch of sexy prostitutes? Who let me guess...did you some favours?"

 I say, my voice shaky. Before he can say anything I burst. 

"Get.Out." 

"Amelia..." 

I start to cry. 

"I said...Get.Out. Thomas just get. Out!"  

I try to yell while crying but I just turn into a coughing mess. 

"Amelia, I didnt..." 

I turn to him, my eyes puffy and full of tears. 

"I said GET.OUT!...please"

 I say the last part quietly as I close my eyes and start to cry harder. When I open my eyes its just me and my broken heart, left alone in my room.