(40) Calm...What's That?

"They're gone. They're fucking gone."

Is all I can say on repeat while cradling myself. The door opens and Joshua comes rushing in. He looks around with his gun out and Xavier behind him doing the same. Cami peeks in, scared of what could be happening. Joshua notices that I keep looking at the cribs and crying so he walks over. Once he notices they're gone he throws the baby monitor at the wall and it shatters.

My body jumps then shudders at the sound. Cami screams and my crying becomes more body wrenching as Joshua leaves the room in a blaze of fury and Cami collapses onto me in a hug. I can't even see through my tears as I look at the empty cribs and scream out my agony.

I don't even notice that Xavier has picked me up and is taking me out of the room. I don't know where we're going and really don't care. I only care about where my babies are and where Joshua has gone instead of being with me.

"Where do you want to go Mila?"

Xavvy asks and I just cry harder into his shoulder till eventually I pass out.

X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X

I wake up in my bed with my pyjama's on and I don't even care who changed me. I look around and don't see anyone. I check the baby monitor but then remember that they aren't even there for me the check up on. My heart clenches and my stomach lurches as I run to the bathroom and hurl into the toilet before shrinking to the floor and curling into a ball. I don't have the energy to get up so I just stay there and bawl for my babies that have been stollen from me. I feel like there is a gaping hole in my chest and it only gets bigger as the minutes go by.

I don't know how long Ive been crying for but I've ran out of tears and there is a knock on the bedroom door. I don't answer. Its probably just a maid. I close my eyes and cry into my curled body. I hear the door open and I hear someone walking fast towards the bathroom.

"Oh Mila. Xavier come here please."

Cami tries to say through her own tears. Someone who I can safely assume is Xavier picks me up and carries me back to my bed. He tucks me in while Camila climbs into bed beside me and pulls me into her chest. I cry even louder with the added comfort. I barely hear Cami whisper to Xavier to leave a 'DO NOT ENTER' note on the door.

The door closes and all I can hear is my crying echoing through the room. Cami starts to hum and gently rock me. I give her a sad smile before burying my face back into her chest and grieving the loss of my baby boys.

X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~X

I don't remember falling asleep but I wake up to Cami whispering my name. I blink my eyes open a little to look at her and she gives me a sad smile.

"How long was I asleep?"

I ask and she sighs.

"You were actually asleep for two days. I don't know how you slept for two days but you did."

I blink and turn the other way and snuggle further into my empty bed.

"What does it matter? My babies are gone. There's nothing left for me to live or function for. Joshua is who knows where and you have your own life to live."

"Please just leave me alone and let me sleep."

I tell her and she is taken aback by my words but doesn't say anything. She gets up and leaves as per my wishes and I take a deep breath before crying again but this time there are no more tears. I guess I have drained all the water from my system.

I grab the photo album that Xavier left on my nightstand and I open t up to the day my wonderful boys were born. I smile, remembering that day as if it were yesterday. They're little faces and hands. They're small whines wanting to me back in my warm tummy with a constant food supply. I frown. Who could take away my babies? They did nothing but exist in this cruel world. I did nothing to anyone so I'm not a target. I scream out my frustration.the guard standing outside my door looks in, notices I'm okay then closes the door and goes back to making sure nobody enters my room.