(8) Secrets almost told

(1st edit: 12.18.18)

I step out of my nice hot shower and walk into my room to see Thomas' eyes glued on me. He lays on his side comfortably. I walk across the room in my towel towards y closet. I open my closet doors and feel a heat on my back, then arms embrace me while lips peck at my neck. 

"mmmm you smell good princessa. come back to bed with me." 

He says in a throaty voice. I smile then frown when there's a knock at the door. 

"Dude! leave your girl alone for the day and come down to the basement. Boss needs your help torturing that guy...again." 

The voice only fitting to Xavier walks away whistling. 

I turn to Thomas. 

"You've been torturing that poor man?! You're a good man with a big heart! How could you?!" 

I say angrily. I quickly get dressed and storm off out the door, and down the steps towards the screams.

I burst through the doors into the room where the screams are coming from. I look at where the screaming man is and see my father, my flesh and blood, whipping the man's bare chest with chains. 

I step in front of the chains just as they come rearing down on the poor man. My dad realizes too late and the chains catch my right shoulder, HARD.

My skin splits on contact and I suppress a scream as blood gushes from the wound, running down my arm. I swallow my pain and manage to say through silent tears and a clenched jaw. 

"You aren't to place another finger on this man! GET OUT NOW!" 

People hesitate but my father is the first to leave with guilt in his eyes and unshed sorrowful tears. Everyone else soon flooded suit while I turn towards the man, seeing him smiling at me while his eyes show worry and guilt.

"Oh my God! Are you okay?!"

I ask him while slowly making my way towards him. He shrinks back in his seat, making me stop in my tracks, but he says 

"you can come closer, I won't bite you." 

I smile and a tear rolls down my cheek. 

"Por favor, no llores. No para mi.(please, do not cry. not for me)" 

Im standing beside him with a wet rag in my hands. 

"May I?" 

I ask him softly. He nods and I gently press the cloth to his skin and clean away the dried blood. He winces but never says a word about his pain. 

I break the silence by asking the obvious question. 

"What did you do to deserve this torture?" 

He sighs 

"You don't wanna know." 

I give him a soft smile. 

"Actually I do so that I might be able to help you." 

He looks at me with a sad smile. 

"No, I deserve this. Don't help me, I'm not worth it." 

I find myself crying at his words. A gentle hand is placed on my stomach, pulling me towards the door. 

I spin around after the door closes I find myself in Thomas' warm embrace. I start to cry. 

"They can't hurt him! They just can't." 

I say out of angst. Thomas holds me tighter. 

"I know bebita but we need something from him. I wouldn't help your father do this if I didn't think it was needed." 

I pull back and stare at him in utter shock. 

"How can you torture a man like that and think its right?!" 

I scream, crying again. He shakes his head vigorously. 

"No not 'right' because it isn't right but it is needed...trust me on that hermosa."