(42) Barley Keeping It Together... Just Barley

This on is a long one. So you're welome. ☺︎

Amelia

Dark...all I see and feel is darkness. I can hear everything that's been going on, well on the most part. The doctors have been giving me sedatives to let me rest but when I'm awake I can hear and feel them. I know Cami and Xavier come and go and so do my dad and Mina but Josh never leaves. It's like he's scared I'd die or have another seizure while he's gone.

He also thinks I'm mad at him and hold him responsible for what I did but I don't. I did it. Not him. Him nothing there didn't help a great ton but that wasn't my push off the cliff. The twins were. I need to tell him that I forgive him but I can't open my eyes or talk or move and its frustrating.

I just want to wake up damn it! Is that so hard to do?! I scream in my head frustrated at the situation. The door opens and I hear what might be like four people walk into my room. I think their doing their rounds again. They keep it quiet because josh is asleep but a doctor starts talking.

"Amelia Juliano Contez. 19 year old female, is in for lacerations to the forearms as attempted suicide, two weeks ago. Has had one seizure since, here in hospital care. Has miscarried because of it. Has been in a coma since arrival and it is day 14. Is being kept on a morphine drip and fluids as well as antibiotics."

19? Miscarriage? The last time they came in here they said I was 18 and pregnant. Guess today, on top of everything is my birthday. Well HappyFuckingBirthdayToMe! In a coma, twins are still missing, I miscarried my baby and I can't do anything about any of it. Just great.

"Treatment plan is staying the same as it's been. Keeping her on morphine, fluids and antibiotics and doing routine neuro checks for brain activity and responses."

Another doctor says before I hear the door open then close again, signalling that they're gone. I hear Josh sigh beside me. Guess he was awake after all.

"Happy 19th birthday Mila."

He says, sounding so defeated and rough. I just wish I could comfort him and make him understand that I'm not mad at him. As if on a motor memory I feel my thumb rub his hand slowly. I Moved My Finger! I do a little happy dance in my head at my minor accomplishment. Joshua beside me gasps. He holds my finger as if it isn't there. I take this opportunity to rub him hand again and he drops my hand and bursts through the door.

"I NEED A DOCTOR IN HERE!"

He screams and immediately I hear people running towards my room. Josh comes and grabs my hand again. Josh keeps trying to get my thumb to rub his hand after he rubs mine first and the doctors are trying to figure out if they can use that as proof that I'm actually responding to josh and to that its just a subconscious reaction to him rubbing my hand first.

"We think that this is an actual reaction from her, not just a subconscious reaction."

The neurologist says and I roll my eyes.

"Well fuck! I never would have thought that doc."

Josh says with a sassy attitude and if they could hear me they'd hear me laughing. The doctor clears his throat.

"We would like to do some tests and do things to try and wake her up."

Josh stiffens beside me and I rub my thumb on his hand to try and relax him. The doctors gasp but josh ignores it and asks a question that I would ask.

"What kinds of tests specifically?"

I can practically hear the doctors smile fall as he sighs.

"We don't know exactly what will wake her up. We would try all of the nicer ways first and only move onto the more extreme ways if you consent."

Josh tenses beside me as I hear him take in a big breath of air. He rubs my hand and squeezes it for support.