3:GRADUATION

Hayfah woke up with a cheerful face, it was her graduation day, she's feeling her self in the 7th heaven, today is her unforgettable day.

With a smile on her face, she shifted her gaze on sleeping Amna, she got up from her bed and wafted to where Amna was sleeping on her new mattress; the one she bought for herself, as she dictated she can't be sleeping on the same mattress with Hayfah.

She slowly patted her pillow, Amna groaned and yawed her face from Hayfah's side. Hayfah didn't blame her, because she slept late yesterday.

She stood there for another 30secs, thinking that Amna will wake up, so they can perform their Subh prayer together. "Addah Amna, you should wake up please, the Iman has finished praying, let's not be late," Hayfah quaked, looking at their wall clock.

Amna didn't move, nor did she make any sign that she knows what Hayfah was talking about. Hayfah patted her thighs, calling her name loudly, which caused Amna to squint her eyes resentfully. "What's the meaning of all this, Hayfah? Can't you pray alone? Is it a must to pray with me?" Amna inquired, groaning in disgust.

"Addah Amna, today is my graduation day, please wake up, so you can help me with some things. And also rejoice with me," Hayfah marveled, just the thought of being a graduate makes her happy. She's in the first phase of fulfulling her dream; to become a succesful educated business woman.

Amna hissed, yawing her gaze from Hayfah, closing her face with the bedsheet she used as duvet "Who cares even if it's your university graduation day? Talkless of common secondary school. Abeg leave me alone. I won't come there, because it will be a disgrace to me, as some people does'nt know I'm your sister. So can you leave?" Amna asked, muttering some words to herself.

Hayfah controled her tears with aplomb, she thought today will be her happiest day, today will be the day her family will show her some love, even if it will be a façade. Even if they don't, it won't change anything, as long as she's happy, she'll rejoice her graduation alone, smile all day, make the day memorable, make it her best day. With or without her family, today will be unforgettable. She knows it's thorny, but she'll do it for herself, for her happiness.

With a heavy heart, she glumly trudged to the toilet, perform her ablution and went back to their room. She took her red carpet, which Abba's sister gave her as her Makkah's gift. Since then, she used it as her praying mat.

She finished her prayer, recited her Azhkars, and was reciting the Holy book (Al Qur'an), when Amna wakes up, she shot her a hot glare and sauntered out of the room. Hayfah shrugged it off, as she promised herself; nothing will ever make her angry today.

When Amna entered the room, Hayfah finished her recitation, she sat on her bed, feeling uneasy and nervous, as if she was in the graduation hall.

She waited till Amna finished her prayers, she was saying her Azhkars, when Hayfah moved to where she was sitted, she placed her head on her shoulders, and transmogrifyingly; she did'nt shrugged her head off.

It took minutes, before Amna finished saying her Azhkars, "What is it?" She asked, standing up.

"I need your help please,"  Hayfah answered nervously, fiddling with her fingers, as she knew Amna won't listen to her.

"Go on graduate," Amna spoke, smirking.

An unexpected smile tucked up on Hayfah's lips, she never thought Amna will be so soft like this. With the smile not leaving her face "Addah Amna, I want you to help me check my outfit, and see how I'll look in it," Hayfah responded, smiling gorgeously.

Without uttering a word, Amna walked to her mattress and flopped on it, giving Hayfah a pointed look "Go and take your bath, I'll wait for you," she stated, typing on her phone, not glancing her way.