17:MOVING ON

Hayfah woke up with a throbbing headache, she rummaged for her phone under her pillow; but couldn't find it. That got the remaining sleep in her vanished into a thin air.

She had been used to texting Abba every morning, and would always get Malik's text also. She abruptly sat down; petrifiedly looking at her bed. Could by any chance her phone got missing?

"Fareeha! Have you seen my phone?" Hayfah asked; she was up the creek. How could she contact Adyan without her phone? But it suddenly somersaults in her; that she has memorized the number__but still.

Fareeha entered their room with a brown towel around her petite frame, as water was dripping from her body. She gave Hayfah a puzzled look, as how she looked tensed.

"Are you still on bed, Hayfah? We're 15mins late!" Fareeha nagged, she had been waking Hayfah up before she went for shower, and was seriously annoyed;upon seeing Hayfah still on bed.

"Have you seen my phone? I couldn't find it," Hayfah asked, ignoring Fareeha's nagging. She was now on her feet, and had already jumbled up the bed.

"Couldn't you find it?" Fareeha asked, as she moved towards her box.

"Yes I couldn't. I think we left it on that bench yesterday. What would I do? His number," Hayfah informed, as she dalliedly took off her clothes, and wrapped her towel around her frame.

"Go and shower first, we'll check it later. Haven't you memorized his number? You can call him with my phone," Fareeha enunciated, as she thrusted Hayfah the bucket and toiletries.

Hayfah took the bucket and sauntered out of the room, the neurosis of not seeing her phone gnawing at her. She came back, dressed up, and they moved out of the room; heading directly to where they sat yesterday.

"Fareeha, it's gone. I can't find it," came Hayfah's husky voice, as it was laced with worry.

"Sorry, Hayfah, you shouldn't worry about this. Since you've memorized his number, you can call him with my phone. Let's go, we're late," Fareeha pacified, as she slowly guided Hayfah; so they could move to the lecture hall.

Hayfah was glum since they entered the lecture hall, her thought kept moving back to what he wanted to tell her, was it something tender? Would he by any chance has something for her, like she does?

She didn't know when the lecture ends, but only Fareeha's tap on her shoulder that brought her back to reality. She sigh, took her chained handbag and trudge out of the lecture room.

"Hey! Your Betty is calling me, I think he has called your phone and got it switched off," Fareeha said, as she thrusted Hayfah her phone.

"Hello Betty," Hayfah slurred, as she placed the phone on her left ear.

"Betty I'm in ABU, just came to see you, and have been calling your phone but it was switched off," came Malik's voice, he was obviously enthusiastic.

"Okay. Wait for us infront of Amina hostel, we would be there now," she replied briskly, as she ended the call, thrusting back Fareeha's phone.

They walked in a hushed silence, everyone was lost in his thoughts. Fareeha was thinking of a way to subside Hayfah's problem, and the only solution is to call him; which loomed Hayfah wouldn't for now.

They halted beside Malik's car, he came out with a fleeting smile on his lips; he had seen her expression, he knew something went wrong, he hope it wasn't because of him__Adyan of course.

"Let's get in," he said to both of them, as he unlocked the doors. Hayfah and Fareeha silently hopped in.

There was a hushed silence, until Malik spoke "What happened to you Betty? Why are so moody?" He asked calmy, as he fix his intense gaze on her glum face.