12:HOME

Their cruise back home was hushed, only Fareeha and Malik sharing some laconic words, Hayfah was ruminative all the way. She was soo engrossed in her thoughts, of which were flabbergasting to her. She seldom finds herself thinking about her future, but today giving her fortuitous things, she couldn't ask why.

She envisaged herself as a married woman, with a loving and unshaken husband by her side. The person she would always look up to, the person that would always be by her side, he'll be her knight in shining armour, he'll be her shade, and the person she would forever count unto. He'll love her for who she is, not for what she possesses.

He'll give her beautiful and handsome babies, the babies that would be her source of happiness, they'll make her enthusiastic when she feels her world crashing down. They'll wipe away her tears, when there seems no one in her lonesome world.

Just the thought of how cute the babies would be; when they cuddle her, smile, laugh, and craddle around the house, made a wide grin and an outward chuckle escaped her lips.

They both gave her a puzzled look "Besty, what are thinking about? We've been talking since, but you haven't even utter a single word. And now__out of no where, a smile and chuckle crept out of your ruminative face," Fareeha inquired, flummoxedly looking at her. She knew there must be something wrong with her bestfriend, she had been acting bizarre.

Malik took a glimpse of smiley Hayfah, the grin he saw on her lips made a contented smile crept out of his lips. The smile gave him a sense of pleasure, it gives him hope, and how her dimple etched; made his heart flips.

"I'm thinking about life nah. Can't one thinks of his life? And when he envisioned something bright about the future, it's a must to grin, Besty. Try it one day," Hayfah acknowledged, with the smile not leaving her face. She looked at Fareeha through the rear mirror and winked at her, a naughty__full with words; wink.

"God! You look breathtaking with that wink, Betty. I couldn't help but embed it in my heart. Ya Allah!" Malik's subconscious words slipped out of his tongue, more like a whisper, but loud enough for Hayfah to hear. She was glad Fareeha hadn't heard it, if not__only god would save her from her blabbings.

She looked at him, flash him her exquisite smile and spoke in her husky, yet sensational voice "Betty, we have to drop Fareeha in Sabon Gari please. I think we're close by," he glued his eyes on how her dimples were etching in her tender cheeks.

He just nodded his head and glued his eyes on the road, he couldn't trust his words anymore, how his heart was twisted, he couldn't let it erupt her feelings in form of words.

Fareeha steered them to their house, he halted in front of their huge ironed gate, the house looked sumptuous and opulent, she was vividly from a rich family. Hayfah had never been to their house except for today.

"Hayfah, won't you come and greet Mom please?" Fareeha postulated, a pleading tone laced on her voice.

"I'll come next time, Besty. Betty will bring me, I'm not dressed properly, please," Hayfah begged and pouted her lips.

"Which kind of not properly dressed? We're dressed in an abaya, for god sake, Hayfah," Fareeha queried, flashing Malik the 'help me' look.

"Besty, please. I'll come," Hayfah pleaded again.

Malik knew what she was afraid of, he knew she doesn't want to be humiliated nor does she want to ridiculed. She was afraid if Fareeha's parents could accept her as she is. He knew her neurosis.

"It's okay, fake besty. I'll bring her next week, had something to attend to in 10mins time," he enunciated, looking at his wristwatch.

"It's okay then," Fareeha slumped her shoulders in defeat, bid them adieu and sauntered in.